When booking a stay or Experience, we need to know some basic information about you.
What we need for bookings
At a minimum, we need your:
- Full name
- Email address
- Confirmed phone number
- Payment information
Depending on your destination and other factors, we may need to verify your identity as part of the booking process. We may ask you to provide us with:
- Legal name, address and/or other personal information: In some cases, these are sufficient for us to verify your identity.
- Photo of your government ID: This could be a driving licence, passport, identity card or visa. Learn more about types of government ID.
- Selfie: We may need to ask you for a photograph in case we are unable to verify your Government ID. If you can’t provide a selfie that matches your Government ID, you can contact us for an alternative verification method.
What a Host may ask for
The Host may ask for:
- Agreement to house rules
- ID upon check-in, if done in person and if the requirement is in the Host’s house rules at the time of booking or as required under applicable laws
Note: Some regions have laws that require guests to register with local authorities. This can be done directly with the local authorities or at the accommodation on behalf of the authorities.
Where there is a law that requires guests to register with local authorities, the registration request may come from a bed and breakfast, hostel or hotel room, apartment listings or other accommodation listed legitimately on Airbnb.
Your privacy is important to us
- First name: This is your first name as it appears on your profile
- Verification status: Whether your identity has been verified
Hosts never see your payment information or your email address, even after you book. We'll email you whenever a message is sent to your Inbox.
- GuestInstant Book listings allow guests that meet a Host’s requirements to book immediately, instead of needing to send a request for approval.
- HostThere are settings that can help you control when your listing can be booked and which guests can book without needing you to manually revie…
- GuestSigning up is free – use your email address, phone number, Facebook or Google account, or Apple ID.