How do changes and cancellations work for long-term reservations?
If a reservation is for 28 nights or more, the long-term cancellation policy applies. If a guest changes or cancels a long-term reservation:
- Their first payment might be non-refundable, depending on the listing and when the reservation is made.
- If they cancel after the trip has started, the remaining nights in their reservation are non-refundable. If they have more than 30 nights left in their reservation, only the next 30 nights are non-refundable.
- Their host can choose to give them an additional refund.
For more details, check your confirmation email.
If a guest wants to change their reservation, their host may need to approve the change. Guests can follow these instructions to change their long-term reservation.
The host will need to approve a change if:
- It’s before the trip, but less than 30 days before the check-in date
- The trip has started, but it’s less than 30 days before the checkout date
- The guest is changing the check-in date, or extending the reservation
The change will happen automatically if:
- It’s 30 days or more before the check-in date
- The trip has started, but it’s 30 days or more before the checkout date