How do I book a trip with travel credit from referrals?
How to earn travel credit
You can earn travel credit by inviting a friend to Airbnb, or from being invited by a friend. To earn credit, the person being invited needs to:
- Be new to Airbnb, and not already have an Airbnb account
- Sign up through the invite link sent by their friend
- Once you’re an Airbnb user, you can earn more credit by inviting friends.
Learn more about how you can earn credit by referring friends here.
How to use travel credit
If you invited a friend:
- You’ll get travel credit once your friend completes a qualifying trip. If your travel credit hasn’t shown up yet, it means your friend has not completed their trip yet or their reservation didn’t qualify.
- The credit will be automatically added to your account
- Your travel credit will appear on the checkout page when you pay for your next reservation
If you were invited by a friend:
- Your travel credit will be automatically applied to your first qualifying reservation.
- Your travel credit will automatically appear on the checkout page when you pay for your first reservation.
- Your travel credit can only be used once. If you use travel credit on a reservation and then cancel that reservation, the travel credit can’t be used again.
- You must have a qualifying reservation to be eligible for travel credit. A qualifying reservation must meet a minimum value, before any taxes or fees. Because the minimum amount can vary, you should refer to the invitation email you received or go to the invitation page to see which details about which reservations are eligible.
You can see your available travel credit or get a link to invite a friend here.
Note: Travel credit expires one year from the issue date.