Airbnb service fees
To help Airbnb run smoothly and to cover the cost of services like 24/7 customer support, we charge a service fee when a booking is confirmed.
There are 2 different fee structures for stays: a split fee and a Host-only fee.
1. Split fee
This fee structure is the most common and is split between the Host and the guest.
Most Hosts pay a 3% fee but some pay more, including:
- Hosts with listings in Italy
- Hosts with Super Strict cancellation policies
This fee is calculated from the booking subtotal (nightly rate + cleaning fee + additional guest fee, if applicable – excluding Airbnb fees and taxes) and is automatically deducted from the Host payout.
To review the service fee for a booking:
- Go to Transaction history
- Select the reservation code
- Under Payout, find the Airbnb Service Fee
Most guest service fees are under 14.2% of the booking subtotal (nightly rate + cleaning fee + additional guest fee if applicable – excluding Airbnb fees and taxes). This fee varies based on a variety of factors and is shown during checkout before you book so that you know what to expect. For some stays over three months, the Airbnb guest service fee is reduced after the third month.
2. Host-only fee
With this structure, the entire fee is deducted from the Host payout. It’s typically 14–16% although Hosts with Super Strict cancellation policies may pay more and fees for monthly stays may be less.
This fee is mandatory for traditional hospitality listings – such as hotels, serviced apartments, etc., as well as software-connected Hosts (unless most of their listings are in the USA, Canada, the Bahamas, Mexico, Argentina, Taiwan or Uruguay).
Depending on the laws of the jurisdiction involved, VAT may be applicable to the above fees. The service fee is VAT inclusive, where applicable.
We reserve the right to change our service fees at any time, and will provide you with prior notice of any fee changes before they become effective. Any fee changes will not affect bookings made prior to the effective date of the fee change.
Note: Fees for Airbnb Luxe properties are handled separately.
- GuestService fee refundsThe service fee is refundable as long as all of the criteria are met. Find out more about what is needed to receive a refund.
- GuestHow pricing worksHow the total price of a reservation is calculated
- HostHow do I create listings through my software provider?If you use software that’s integrated with Airbnb, you can publish listings and manage them directly through your PM or CM software.