Eligibility for emergency stays through Airbnb.org
Airbnb.org works with nonprofit organisations and resettlement agencies specialising in crisis response and refugee resettlement to facilitate on-the-ground support, including assessing the needs and eligibility of potential guests. Airbnb.org does not currently provide a direct intake process for individuals in need of emergency assistance.
Eligible individuals may include:
- People affected by major disasters and relief workers responding to those disasters in an official capacity.
- Refugees, asylum seekers and other newcomers.
After eligibility is established through a partner nonprofit organisation, referral organisation or its service providers, guests may also be required to set up an Airbnb account, which may include identity verification checks.
All guests and Hosts who use the Airbnb platform to support Airbnb.org or utilise Airbnb.org’s programmes must agree to Airbnb's Community Standards and the Airbnb Terms of Service. Learn more about Airbnb’s trust and safety standards and policies.
- HostEmergency stay requests through Airbnb.orgAirbnb.org helps nonprofit organisations offer a temporary place to stay to people in need.
- GuestAbout Airbnb.orgAirbnb.org is an independent, publicly-supported nonprofit organisation that partners with nonprofits to provide people with emergency housi…
- HostSigning up to host emergency stays through Airbnb.orgYou can sign up to offer emergency stays to people in times of crisis by visiting Airbnb.org and clicking Offer Your Space.