How do refunds work for experiences?
Eligible travel issues
Situations that may be eligible for a refund under the policy generally fall into one of three categories:
- The host fails to carry out the booked experience or arrives more than 15 minutes past the stated start time, causing you to abandon the experience.
- The host makes significant changes to the experience after you book.
- The experience contains a safety or health hazard that would reasonably be expected to adversely affect your participation in the experience.
If Airbnb determines that you have experienced a travel issue, Airbnb will, at its discretion, provide you with a refund. The amount of any refund will depend on the nature of the travel issue encountered.
Submitting a valid claim for a refund
To submit a valid claim for your reservation, you are required to:
- Contact us within 24 hours of the scheduled experience start time to document the issue. Include photographs, a detailed description, or other evidence of the issue as part of your claim.
- Have used reasonable efforts to remedy the circumstances of the travel issue with the host prior to making a claim, including messaging your host on Airbnb to notify them of the issue. We'll verify this in your account.
- Be responsive to our requests for additional information.
- Not have directly or indirectly caused the travel issue.
Review the Experiences Guest Refund Policy for more details, including info about the minimum quality standards for experiences, host responsibilities, and what qualifies as a travel issue.