How can I help a guest book my place?
There are a few ways a guest can book your place. The fastest way is for a guest to send a request to book available dates on your calendar. If you can host, accept the request within 24 hours to maintain your response rate. If a potential guest is having trouble requesting, you can check to see if the dates are blocked. If a request expires before you’re able to accept it, you can send a special offer or message the guest asking them to send another request.
Ways to help a guest book your place
- If a guest makes an enquiry, you can pre-approve the dates they contacted you about to make it easier for them to book. Guests can then book within 24 hours using this pre-approval.
- If a guest makes an enquiry, you can also send a special offer to suggest different pricing or other dates. Guests can then book within 24 hours using this special offer.
- If a guest requests to book your place, you can accept their request for those dates. You can also send a special offer suggesting different pricing or other dates. Guests can then book within 24 hours using this special offer.
What you can do if a request expires
If a pre-approval, special offer, or request expires, you have a few options:
- You can send another special offer inviting a guest to book. Guests will need to book within 24 hours using this special offer
- You can send a message suggesting your guest make another enquiry or request. You can pre-approve their enquiry or accept their request if you’re ready to host. And if you have Instant Book turned on, all enquiries will be pre-approved and all requests will be accepted, making it even easier for you to get a confirmed reservation.
Sometimes a guest withdraws a request to book within 24 hours of sending it and before you accept or decline. This is usually intentional and tends to happen when a guest ended up booking another place for the same dates. If a guest didn’t mean to withdraw their request, just ask them to send a new one. If you still need help, start by checking the reservation status, which you can find either in your reservation list, calendar, or message with the potential guest.