Writing a review
Want to rave about your recent guest or trip? We love that. Head to Reviews on a web browser to get started.
- 1000-character limit
- Must follow our Review Policy
It’s important to note that you have to submit your review within 14 days from the time of checkout – after that, you can’t edit it.
The best reviews are helpful ones. Think about what you’d want to know before booking a stay or welcoming someone into your place. Highlight things like:
- Your interactions with your guest, Host and their associates – were they pleasant and respectful?
- Anything that made the stay special, like cleanliness, personal touches, convenience, amazing coffee
- Practical info: Was the Host helpful and available? Were you thrilled with the location? Was the listing accurate?
You’ll also have the option to leave private feedback, which will be shared when reviews are posted. Get more detail on how reviews work for stays.
Other ways to share feedback
If you want, you can leave private feedback to the Host or guest, which will be shared with just them when reviews are posted.
You can also leave a public response to a review that someone has left for you within 30 days of its posting. While you can’t remove their review, you can report it if you think it violates our Review Policy.
Need more info? Learn about how reviews for stays work.
- GuestOur community relies on honest, transparent reviews. Hosts and guests write reviews once the stay has ended.
- GuestYou have 14 days after checkout to write a review for a trip. You can also send your Host a note using your Airbnb message thread.
- Reviews are a great way for Hosts and guests to give each other feedback. We’ve got info here about how and what you can share, and more.