Airbnb Law Enforcement Portal Data Privacy Notice
This Data Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) is intended to ensure that you are aware of what personal data Airbnb Ireland Unlimited Company (“Airbnb”, “we”, “us”, “our”) with a registered address at 25/28 North Wall Quay, Dublin 1 holds in relation to you, and how we use that data as a data controller.
For the purposes of this Notice, Group Company means a company that is a subsidiary or holding company of Airbnb or any subsidiary of such holding Company from time to time (and for this purpose "subsidiary" and "holding” company have the meanings given to them respectively in sections 7 and 8 of the Companies Act 2014).
Please read the following carefully to understand our use of your personal data.
This Notice applies to you because you are applying to set up an account for the Airbnb Law Enforcement Portal.
It also applies to third parties whose information you provide to us in connection with our relationship with you. Please ensure that you provide a copy of this Notice to any third parties whose personal data you provide to us.
This Notice applies to all personal data collected, maintained, transmitted, stored, retained, or otherwise used (i.e. processed) by us regardless of the media on which that personal data is stored. We reserve the right to modify this Notice at any time. If we update this Notice we will notify you in writing of any changes.
What is personal data?
'Personal data' is defined as any data relating to a living individual who can be identified directly from that data or indirectly in conjunction with other information. We hold some or all of the types of personal data set out in Appendix 1, in relation to you.
Purpose and basis for processing
We will process personal data, listed in Annex 1 of this Notice, provided by you for the following purposes:
To allow you to create and have access to an Airbnb Law Enforcement Portal Account and to provide services to support your Account as required.
This processing of your personal data is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, namely to enable you to create an Airbnb Law Enforcement Portal Account and for us to provide relevant services to support that Account.
In principle, we do not rely on your consent for data use. We may, however, from time to time, (i) ask for your consent to use your personal data for a specific purpose; and/or (ii) process your personal data in order to protect your vital interests or the interests of another. If we do so, we will provide you with full details of the data that we would like and the reason we need it. We will also inform you about the fact that you can revoke your consent at any time and how you should do that.
Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your data, and subject to our retention policy, we will dispose of your personal data securely where possible.
Where you do not provide us with your personal data
If you do not provide us with your personal data, we cannot continue to provide you with an account for the Law Enforcement Portal.
We will tell you when we ask for information that is a statutory or contractual requirement, or needed to comply with our legal obligations.
Security and storage of personal data
We securely store your personal data in a centralized database, with controlled access to such database. Access to personal data in both electronic and paper form is restricted to employees of Airbnb who have a legitimate and justifiable reason to view such data.
Recipients of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to a Group Company including, without limitation, for the following reasons:
- In order to run global processes; and
- In order to carry out group-wide reporting.
It may be necessary from time to time for us to disclose personal data to third parties or agents, including without limitation to the following:
- Third parties to assist in the administration, processing, and management of certain activities pertaining to the Law Enforcement Porthole;
- Individuals or companies employed by Airbnb to carry out specific services, functions, or consultancy work; and
- Other support service providers necessary to assist Airbnb with the above.
We will inform you in advance if we intend to further process or disclose your personal data for a purpose other than the purposes set out above. We take all reasonable steps, as required by law, to ensure the safety, privacy, and integrity of such data and information and, where appropriate, enter into contracts with such third parties to protect the privacy and integrity of such data and any information supplied.
Transfer of personal data outside the EEA
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA), for the purposes described above.
Due to the global nature of our business, your personal data may be disclosed to Group Companies outside the EEA, including in particular Group Companies in the USA. It may also be processed by personnel operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers who act on our behalf.
We will ensure that suitable safeguards are in place to protect the privacy and integrity of your personal data in such circumstances.
You can obtain information pertaining to these safeguards by emailing the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
Personal data will be stored for as long as required to satisfy the purpose for which the personal data was collected and used, unless a longer period is necessary for our legal obligations or for the exercise or defense of legal claims.
Our retention practices are reviewed and updated from time to time in line with legal requirements and best practices.
Further information can be obtained from the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your data rights
You have several rights in relation to your personal data. You have a right to:
- Access a copy of your personal data held by Airbnb;
- Request rectification of your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Request erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- Restrict our use of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- Move (or port) personal data which is automated in certain circumstances;
- Object to the processing of your data where our legal basis for processing your data is our legitimate interests;
- Not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing, including profiling which has legal or similar significant effects;
- Withdraw consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal; and
- Lodge a complaint with the Office of the Data Protection Commission (if you are unhappy with how your personal data is being handled).
However, these rights may not be exercised in certain circumstances, such as when the processing of your personal data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or for the exercise or defense of legal claims.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights in this regard, we will respond to your request as soon as practicable. We may request proof of identification to verify that you are the person entitled to make the request.
If you require any further clarification regarding this Notice, please contact the Company's Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
General personal data
We collect and process the following personal data:
- First name
- Last name (Family Name)
- Telephone number
- Your Agency Name
- Your Agency Country
- Your Agency Region
To the extent that data is not captured by the above, we will also process personal data relating to the following matters:
- IT access – including information required to access the Airbnb Law Enforcement Portal and applications such as email account and system passwords, login, and access records.
- GuestEvery Host should meet these basic standards so that their guests have a comfortable and reliable experience.
- HostWe welcome listings hosted by professional hospitality providers on Airbnb, including hotels that meet our criteria.