Host penalties for cancelling reservations
Cancellations mess with guests' plans and can reduce confidence in our community, so as a Host, you should do your best to fulfil all confirmed reservations. If something has come up and you simply can’t fulfil a reservation for any reason, it’s your responsibility (and not your guest's) to cancel as quickly as possible to allow your guest time to make new plans.
There are certain limited circumstances where there are no adverse consequences to cancelling.
If you cancel a confirmed reservation, a fee will be deducted from your first payout after the cancellation. The amount depends on when you accepted the reservation and how soon before check-in you cancelled it:
- More than 7 days before check-in, $50 will be deducted from your next payout
- Less than 7 days before check-in, $100 will be deducted from your next payout
If you cancel a confirmed reservation, your calendar may be blocked. This means that you won't be able to accept another reservation that overlaps with the cancelled one. Please note: Airbnb can block your calendar if you haven’t provided all the information required for your account.
If you cancel before the day of check-in, an automated review will be posted to your listing's profile indicating that you cancelled one of your reservations. These reviews can't be removed, but you may be able to write a public response to clarify why you needed to cancel.
If you cancel on the day of check-in or later, guests can choose to leave a public review on your listing’s profile.
Account suspension and deactivation
If you cancel 3 or more reservations within a year, we may suspend or deactivate your listing.
Don’t chance losing your Superhost status. You must continue to meet the Superhost requirements during each assessment period, including maintaining a 1% or lower cancellation rate.
- How-to•HostWhy did I get a review that says I cancelled?If a reservation is cancelled, an automated review will be posted to your profile.
- How-to•HostHow a Host cancels a bookingYou can cancel a reservation as a Host, but if the check-in time is within 24 hours, the option to cancel online may not be available.
- How-to•HostFind the cancellation policy for your stayThe amount of any refund depends on the Host’s cancellation policy and the time and date you cancel.