Airbnb allows hosts to choose among three standardised cancellation policies (Flexible, Moderate, and Strict) that we will enforce to protect both guest and host alike. The Super Strict cancellation policies apply to special circumstances and are by invitation only. The Long Term cancellation policy applies to all reservations of 28 nights or more. Each listing and reservation on our site will clearly state the cancellation policy. Guests may cancel and review any penalties by viewing their travel plans and then clicking ‘Cancel’ on the appropriate reservation. A host will be able to see the number of reservations a guest has cancelled over the previous 12 months when the guest submits a request to book.
Flexible: Full refund within limited period
- Cleaning fees are always refunded if the reservation is canceled before check-in.
- The Airbnb service fee is refundable up to 3 times per year if the guest cancels at least 14 days before check-in. If booked less than 14 days before check-in, the service fee is only refundable up to 48 hours after booking AND at least 24 hours before check-in. It isn’t refundable if the guest cancels a reservation that overlaps with any part of an existing reservation.
- Accommodation fees (the total nightly rate you’re charged) are refundable in certain circumstances as outlined below.
- If there is a complaint from either party, notice must be given to Airbnb within 24 hours of check-in.
- Airbnb will mediate when necessary, and has the final say in all disputes.
- A reservation is officially canceled when the guest clicks the cancellation button on the cancellation confirmation page, which they can find in Dashboard > Your Trips > Change or Cancel.
- Cancellation policies may be superseded by the Guest Refund Policy, extenuating circumstances, or cancellations by Airbnb for any other reason permitted under the Terms of Service. Please review these exceptions.
For a full refund of the nightly rate, the guest must cancel at least full 24 hours before the listing’s local check-in time (shown in the confirmation email). The service fee will not be refunded unless the guest cancels within the free cancellation period for their reservation.
If the guest cancels less than 24 hours before check-in, the first night is non-refundable.
If the guest arrives and decides to leave early, the nightly rate for the nights not spent 24 hours after cancellation are fully refunded.