The Hawk House
8 guests · 3 bedrooms · 3 bathrooms
Experience the South Island’s rippling mountains and ice-carved landscape with a stay at this luxurious villa, winner of the 2019 New Zealand Master Builder Supreme House of the Year. With startlingly modern appeal, an open layout and angled roof delivers impressive internal space and striking views of Mount Pisa, plus designer furniture, artistic bedrooms and elegant social areas. Hiking, wineries, country pubs and adventure sports are all nearby.
The simplicity of this comfortable home is brought home at dawn, when light spreads across the river valley and coffee-sipping guests are divided from the scene by a single giant pane of glass.
Effective but refined furniture is almost folded by a giant hand into the airy rooms, with crafted rockeries, stained timber and stacked firewood helping the home’s exterior to perfectly blend into the pastoral landscape. The kitchen’s preparation spaces and long island table ensures social and casual lunches, with the salon being an ideal place to relax in warmth and comfort as evening winds rustle the wild grasses outside. The cream tiles and shining steel fixtures of the bathroom offer exceptional space and refreshment after a busy day outdoors.
The Hawk House is pleasingly close to both renowned vineyards and country pubs, which offer a hearty welcome and regular music sessions. Follow the garden trails for bracing countryside hikes, while summer activities don’t get much better than a dip in one of the crystal-clear local lakes. Experience the valley from the air with local paragliding and pilot lessons, with the bright lights and restaurants of Wanaka a short drive to the north.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed (can be converted into 2 twins), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Mountain view
- Bedroom 2: King size bed (can be converted into 2 twins), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower
- Bedroom 3: King size bed (can be converted into 2 twins), Shared access to hallway bathroom with stand-alone shower, Desk
- Baby Hawk Studio: Queen size sofa bed, Lounge area, Desk, Mountain view
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Formal dining area with seating for 6
- Ice maker
- Smart TV
- Sonos speaker
- Air conditioning
- Washer & Dryer
- Iron & Ironing board
- Gas barbecue - upon request
- Alfresco dining area with seating for 8
- Parking - 6 spaces
STAFF & SERVICES
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Airport transfer
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
- Grocery Shopping Services
- Additional bedding (upon request only)
- 27 km to Wanaka
- 31 km to Maori Point Vineyard Ltd
- 33 km to Cromwell
- 33 km to South River Wines
- 35 km to Pinot Noir Drive
- 45 km to Cluden Hill Summit
- 47 km to Central Otago
- 82 km to Lindis Pass Viewpoint
- 85 km to Queenstown Airport (ZQN)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Sonos sound system
Queensberry, New Zealand
Points of Interest
23 min drive
23 min drive
Maori Point Vineyard Ltd
25 min drive
Pinot Noir Drive
25 min drive
South River Wines
25 min drive
Cluden Hill Summit
34 min drive
40 min drive
Lindis Pass Viewpoint
59 min drive
Queenstown Airport (ZQN)
65 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 60 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.