This spacious 2 bedroom 1 bath is nestled between lush vertical cliffs and the aqua blue waters, 2 minute walk to the Pacific Ocean. Its perfect for large groups & has stainless steel appliances, dishwasher, full kitchen, large lanai, and more
This is upscale beach home is a 2 bedroom 1 bath open floor layout. with 1000 square feet of living space, and a large outdoor deck, perfect for barbecues and cocktails. The home has vaulted ceilings, very modern kitchen plan, hardwood floors, and granite countertops, and an open floor plan with a very modern kitchen. Appliances, such as the dishwasher, refrigerator, and oven are stainless steel. Recessed lighting as well as skylights provide a very bright feel.
Travertine tile dominate the bathrooms. This home is a family friendly and located in a very safe in wonderful beach community of Kaaawa. This is a family neighborhood and minutes to Kualoa Ranch and Chinaman's hat beach park, but it is a non tourist destination, where you will get a taste of the real Hawaii. The home is surrounded with incredible natural beauty of turquoise oceans to massive foliage covered lava cliffs. This is the 'windward' side, so expect warm and tropical but very comfortable climate. Trade winds blow 70% of the days, keeping the temperature pleasant. Just a few miles north, you will find world class Thai food, Hawaiian food, fish tacos, as well as fruit stands teaming with papaya, avacado, mango, banana, and more. For more selection of cuisine, Kaneohe is 10 miles south, with world class Asian food restaurants abound. North of here lie the world famous beaches of the monumental and majestic North Shore. Jurassic park was filmed just 2 miles down the road, so expect a tropical environment and aqua blue ocean, where the water is crystal clear and great for swimming and other water sports.
All guests will have Queen sized bed and one full/twin bunk, with 3 sleeping mats also. The restrooms are located in the living area and one in the master bedroom. Black leather queen sleeper sofa in the living room and a flat screen TV provides for maximum entertainment, with DVD's and Netflix available. Wi Fi and Cable are available. Nearby restaurants include Uncle Bobo's BBQ, Keneke's Grill, and Crouching Lion Restaurant. Nearby convenience store is 7-11, which is also a 2 block walk from here. Surfboards, and snorkel equipment are provided free of charge. Kaaawa is an outdoor lovers paradise, a surfing, stand up paddle, hiking and kitesurfing mecca as well as the paragliding mecca. It is also just 18 miles to the mecca of surfing, the North Shore of Oahu. It is a beautiful breathtaking and relaxing location.
Everything you might need is included:
• Towels, linens, inside laundry All new appliances
• Full Kitchen with everything you need to prepare meals
• Oven/Stove, Microwave, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Blender
• DVD and Cable TV
• Free Wireless WiFi Internet
• Books, movies
• Boogie Boards Surf boards & Snorkeling Gear
• Outdoor activities include sun bathing, snorkeling, kayaking, boogie boarding, surfing, swimming, spear fishing, free diving, scuba, stand up paddling, strolling on the beach & hiking
• Convenience store is a 1 minute walk away
Surf Lessons, Stand up Paddle Lessons, Hiking tours,
Surf History tours all available, call host!
ACTIVITIES & ATTRACTIONS:
Below is a partial list of nearby sights and activities.
** Call or email me if you are interested in a list of suggested itineraries covering the entire island of Oahu! **
(All distances are accurate but estimated)
• Subway Sandwich Shop (5 min)
• Shrimp Shack (5 min drive)
• World class Thai and Chinese food restaurants (10 min)
• Windward Shopping Mall (12 min)
• Keneke's Bar & Grill (3 min)
• Kim Taylor Reece Gallery (5 min)
• Pounders Beach (10 min) (Body Boarding & Boogie Boarding)
• Fishing (1 min walk) - Arguably the best surf fishing on Oahu!
• Polynesian Cultural Center (10 min)
• Major Movie Theater (10 min)
• Crouching Lion Restaurant & Inn (10 min walk)
• Hiking (2 min walk) -World class views, some hikes end at a waterfalls, pools, there is a tremendous variety of hikes within 10 minute drive. Ask host for directions
• Tropical Farms (2 min)
• Kualoa Ranch (2 min)
• Kahuku Sugar Mill (15 min)
• Kahuku Golf Course (15 min)
• Malaekahana Beach (12 min)
• James Campbell Nature Wildlife Refuge (115 min)
• Surfing (2 min walk to local spot, or 20 minutes to North Shore, Pipeline, Ehukai, Keiki beaches) - The world's best!
• Camping (2 min walk) ask host..
• Ho`omaluhia Botanical Garden (12 min)
• Waimea Bay & Audubon Center (25 min) - Breathtaking!
• Waimea Falls Park (25 min)
• Turtle Bay Resort (20 min)
• Arnold Palmer Golf Course (20 min) - World class!
• Fazio Golf Course (20 min)
• Luana Hills, where Barack Obama plays..(15 min)
• Seven Golf courses in Kaneohe (15 min)
• Downtown Honolulu (45 min)
• Shrimp Shack (5 min)
• Sunset Beach (25 min)
• Banzai Pipeline (25 min)
• Shark's Cove & Three Tables (25 min) - Best Oahu snorkeling & in Top 12 scuba diving spots in the world!
• Byodoin Temple - Valley of the Temples (12 min) - Real Japanese temple nestled in the hills. Breaktaking & peaceful.
• World Famous North Shore Beaches (25 min)
Polynesian Culture Center: (12 minutes)
Kahana Valley Nature Preserve (2 min)
Best Stand up Paddle site on Oahu: (2 min)
MASSAGE THERAPY and TOUR GUIDE services onsite.
Licensed Therapist, highly renowned and professional.
There is more. Ask hosts regarding any questions!
cancellation policy: Strict. Be sure of your booking!
Laundry (washer and dryer) are shared with downstairs tenants and accessible from the back of the home. Laundry days: Monday Wednesday Saturday. Two load limit on these days. Keys to laundry room will be hanging on key holder just at the top of interior staircase. Detergent is sometimes provided and must be Hi Efficiency type. You will have access to body boards & snorkel gear for free. Surfboards and Stand Up Paddle boards are available for rent.
Interaction with guests
As the owner of the property, I am available by cell phone and am also a tour guide and surf instructor. I am more than happy to take guests on surfing lessons, Stand Up Paddle excursions, hiking expositions into the rainforest, and private VIP tours, including the history of the Hawaiian islands, to the best beaches, to ancient Hawaiian ruins, water falls, Japanese Buddhist temple, Botanical gardens, and secret swimming spots..even cliff jumping can be added to the itinerary.
Other things to note
You will not get bored here in Oahu. I can think of 20 things to do at any given time, and that is why I really encourage guests to contact me about their plans and other concerns..I know this island so very intimately that it is in your best interest to get my insight before venturing out into the unknown. That said, I will give you utmost privacy if that is what you seek.
No Smoking inside the house and no pets. If you are having overnight guests, please notify me. There is a $25 charge per overnight guest. There is no problem with this as long as I am notified. 10pm is usually the quite time in this neighborhood. Please use parking directly in front of home. Two to three cars is the maximum we can accommodate.
This host has 236 reviews for other properties.View other reviews