Welcome to Willamette Valley Riverside Flat! The Flat is a private retreat where you can relax and take advantage of the special features of the property, including Willamette River frontage, Hot Tub, on-site driving range, birdwatching and more.
We’re Joe and Susan Graham, and we’re so happy that you’re planning a trip to the Willamette Valley and Historic Independence, Oregon! This is a beautiful area and a great place to spend a few days or more.
The Flat is very convenient to Western Oregon University in nearby Monmouth (10 minutes). We are about 30 minutes north of Oregon State University in Corvallis and 20 minutes west of Willamette University in Salem.
Willamette Valley Riverside Flat is a full floor apartment located on the river view side of our home. The space is private, with a separate entrance and parking area. The Flat is approximately 1400 square feet, with master bedroom (queen-sized bed), child's bedroom (smaller room with twin trundle beds), a full bath with shower, a den with 55" flat screen TV and gas fireplace, a fully equipped kitchen, washer & dryer and workout room.
The Flat is a private retreat where you can enjoy everything this area has to offer, or simply relax and take advantage of the special features of the property, including Willamette River frontage, Hot Tub, Private on-site driving range, on-site workout room, secure bike/kayak storage area, fantastic birdwatching and stargazing, plus lots of comfortable outdoor seating (on our deck and terrace) and an outdoor firepit.
Our guests also have access to a variety of yard games that may be enjoyed on our property between the house and the river -- such as corn hole (always a favorite), croquet and horseshoes.
Interaction with guests
Joe and Susan work Monday-Friday, although some days one of them may work from home. We love sharing our home with friends old and new, but we are happy to honor your privacy. Guests are welcome to interact with us as much as they like.
Other things to note
Check out our(URL HIDDEN) page (Willamette Valley Riverside Retreat) and "Like" us to get updated photos and notifications on special events in the area!
We provide a very detailed list of attractions and events to our guests. Once we have confirmed your reservation, we'll we'll be happy to forward a copy for your reference. The following categories are covered in this document:
•Antiquing, Flea Markets and Farmer’s Markets
•Artisanal, Organic Products and Pick-Your-Own
•Craft Brew and Home Brewing
•Festivals and Holiday Events
•Sports and Entertainment
•Water Sports and Other Recreation
•Wineries, Tasting Rooms and Wine Bars
* Smoking is not allowed in the Flat.
* The Flat is infant and child-friendly, but has not been "baby-proofed." We allow young children and toddlers with advance permission and confirmation that you will be responsible for your child's safety while on the property and in the Flat.
* Well-behaved pets are allowed in the Flat, but please let us know when you make your request that you plan to bring a pet with you. Please confirm with us that you will not leave your pet unattended for long periods during your stay. Please clean-up after your pets, both inside the Flat and outside on the property!
* The Flat may not be a good fit for you if you have pet allergies, as dogs and cats are regularly allowed in the Flat.
* With advance permission, guests are welcome to invite small groups of friends over enjoy the property. A typical permitted use is to invite another couple or family members to BBQ on the patio and play lawn games. Please let us know if you expect to invite friends or family to visit during your stay. A security deposit may be required if you entertain guests.
* We are flexible on check-out time if it doesn't conflict with another guest's arrival.
This host has 172 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Joe and Susan live in Independence (just outside of Salem, the Oregon State Capital), enjoy ethnic food, craft brew/home brewing, hiking, playing ball with their beagle (Watson) and getting out of town occasionally. Susan is an avid reader and Joe is a disc golf aficionado.
Before moving to Oregon in 2014, Susan & Joe lived in San Francisco (6 yrs) and San Diego (14 yrs). Joe is originally from Baldwinsville, NY, a small town on the Erie Canal, very close to Syracuse. Susan was born in the Los Angeles area, but has lived in seven US states and in France.