Nestled in the tropical rainforest of Kaaawa, this 3 bedroom 1.5 bath is just 2 blocks from the beach, where the lush cliffs descend into the aqua blue seas of East Oahu. Come enjoy the true Hawaii in a home with a setting straight out of a postcard
This modern 3 bedroom 1 and a half bath is very cool, spacious and comfortable. The trade wind breeze blows thru the home in addition to the ceiling fans through out, ensuring maximum guest comfort at all times. This home is equipped with full kitchen with all new appliances, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, blender, large refrigerator, condiments, and a full array of cookware. The living room has classy leather couch and chairs, flatscreen television, artwork, and a hardwood dining table. The entire home has clean travertine tIle through out. It is brand new construction. The master bedroom has very comfortable King sized bed, second bedroom has one full sized bed. The third bedroom has two twin beds. Clean linens, towels and extra pillows are available. All bedrooms are equipped with large, full size closets, and mirror sliding closet doors. ALL rooms throughout the home have ceiling fans which are run usIng remote control. There is a washer and dryer and sink in the laundry room, and restroom equipped with detergent. Guests staying 5 days or more can use the washer and dryer. Last minute bookings are welcome, and you may be able to get a greatly discounted price. Expect an experience of the 'real Hawaii' as the home is in a neighborhood surrounded by cliffs of several thousand feet, and just one mile from Kualoa ranch where Jurassic Park was filmed. This unit is 1100 Square feet with a medium backyard for relaxing and great mountain views, especially nice to view from the picnic table off the kitchen, and yet so close to the ocean, on a quiet country road in a peaceful and quiet neighborhood. Upon request we have sleeping pads for extra guests; it has the potential to sleep up to 8 maximum. After 4 persons, an extra 25 dollars per person per night charge applies. We are located in the countryside and you will experience local life, instead of the typical tourist lifestyle. Your hosts live nearby and are able to assist you with finding hikes, getting you surfing equipment (surf equipment is free of charge) or renting out Stand up Paddle boards, as Kaaawa is one of the best spots in Hawaii to practice this sport. The scenery is phenomenal and I don't expect you would have anything but the best time while you are here. Your hosts are available for any and all matters and questions you may have. The home is located 2 blocks from the public transportation/ bus stop, which can take you anywhere on the island. Their are two restaurants nearby, the Crouching Lion, and Bubba's Grill, plus more if you have a car, such as Keneke's and more, within 3 miles. Kaaawa is considered the most beautiful part of Oahu. Also its just 17 miles from the famous north shore beaches such as Sunset, Pipeline, and Waimea Bay. It is just 14 miles from famous Turtle Bay.
Everything you might need is included:
• Towels, linens, inside laundry All new appliances
• Full Kitchen with everything you need to prepare meals
• Oven/Stove, Microwave, Refrigerator, Blender, Toaster
• Cable TV
• Free Wireless WiFi Internet
• Boogie Boards Surf boards & Snorkeling Gear
• Outdoor activities include sun bathing, snorkeling, kayaking, boogie boarding, surfing, swimming, spear fishing, free diving, scuba, stand up paddling, strolling on the beach & hiking
• Convenience store, Seven Eleven, is a 1 minute walk away
Surf Lessons, Stand up Paddle Lessons, Hiking tours, Rain forest hikes, (see reviews), overnight camping adventures, spearfishing tours, and
Surf History tours all available, call host! Be advised that participation in these activities is taken at own risk.
ACTIVITIES & ATTRACTIONS:
Below is a partial list of nearby sights & activities.
** Call or email me if you are interested in a list of suggested itineraries covering the entire island of Oahu! **
(All distances are accurate but estimated)
• Subway Sandwich Shop (6 min)
• Shrimp Shack- there are many shrimp shacks, the closest is: (5 min drive)
• World class Thai and Chinese food restaurants (12 min to the south, in Kaeohe Town)
• Windward Shopping Mall (12 min)
• Keneke's Bar & Grill (3 min)
• Kim Taylor Reece Gallery (5 min)
• Pounders Beach (10 min) (Body Boarding & Boogie Boarding)
• Fishing (1 min walk, Kahana Bay) - Arguably the best surf fishing on Oahu!
• Polynesian Cultural Center (10 min)
• Major Movie Theater, Koolau theater (10 min)
• Crouching Lion Restaurant & Inn (10 min walk)
• Hiking (2 min walk) -World class views, some hikes end at a waterfalls, pools, there is a tremendous variety of hikes within 10 minute drive. Ask host for directions
• Tropical Farms (2 min)
• Kualoa Ranch Activity Park, offers off-road tours horseback rides, and movie set tours, ie Jurassic Park, Mighty Joe Young, Easter Island, etc (2 min)
• Kahuku Sugar Mill (15 min)
• Kahuku Golf Course (15 min)
• Malaekahana Beach (12 min)
• James Campbell Nature Wildlife Refuge (15 min)
• Surfing (2 min walk to local spot, or 20 minutes to North Shore, Pipeline, Ehukai, Sunset Beach, Velzyland, Haleiwa Alii beaches) - The world's best surfing! (Beginner waves can be found at Kualoa point, 2 minutes drive)
• Camping (2 min walk) ask host..
• Ho`omaluhia Botanical Garden in Kaneohe (12 min) - worth the trip
• Waimea Bay & Audubon Center (25 min) - Breathtaking!
• Waimea Falls Park (25 min)
• Turtle Bay Resort (20 min)
• Arnold Palmer Golf Course (20 min) - World class!
• Fazio Golf Course (20 min)
• Luana Hills, where Barack Obama plays..(15 min)
• Seven Golf courses in Kaneohe (15 min)
• Downtown Honolulu (45 min)
• Shrimp Shack (5 min)
• Sunset Beach (25 min)
• Banzai Pipeline (25 min)
• Shark's Cove & Three Tables (25 min) - Best Oahu snorkeling & in Top 12 scuba diving spots in the world!
• Byodoin Temple - Valley of the Temples, towards Kaneohe (12 min) - Real Japanese temple nestled in the hills. Breaktaking & peaceful.
• World Famous North Shore Beaches (25 min)
Polynesian Culture Center: (12 minutes)
Kahana Valley Nature Preserve (2 min)
Best Stand up Paddle site on Oahu: (2 min)
TOUR GUIDE services onsite.
Don't be shy. Ask hosts (text anytime, or call) regarding any questions! I will serve as your local consultant during your visit.
cancellation policy: Strict. Be sure of your booking!
Guests may use surfboards, bodyboard, all for free. The Stand up Paddle boards are available for rent. Additionally, All towels, linens, kitchen utensils, furnishings, television, etc, are all included in the price of your stay.
Interaction with guests
I am a tour guide by trade, specializing in showing my guests the most incredible beaches, waterfalls, and cultural attractions of Oahu. I am very accessible and offer tours into the rainforest, surfing, stand up paddling, and to many hidden gems of Oahu. including spear fishing, for the experienced waterman. I charge a very affordable rate for such services and also offer stand up paddle boards for rent. I enjoy sharing the outdoors and the history of this part of the island. All activities are to be partaken in at guests own risk. However I would not put anyone in a situation that is over their head.
Other things to note
Local weather, typical tradewinds and salt air along with tropical conditions create a salty film over many surfaces. This is to be expected. Please take note of this. This side of the island is a beach / water sports lover and outdoor enthusiast paradise. I am an expert on the area,and coordinate adventure tours, scenic getaways, picnics at private beaches, rainforest/ waterfall excursions, Contact me via email on Airbnb for inquiries. Please note, we are not held responsible during the highly unlikely event that your stay is disrupted due to weather. This rental is located in a two story duplex, and has its own entrances. It is entirely seperated from the upstairs, with the only common element being the laundry room. I am very frequently available to assist. I do however work full time so mostly the entire property is all yours to explore. My advice is to ask questions because it took me many years to discover the wonders of Oahu. GE tax # current
License or registration number
Learn about this number
Check in is 4:00pm, check out is 10am. Contact me if you have special circumstances. No smoking or pets. Quiet hour is about 10pm but partys can be planned in advance.
8 guests maximum. More, if you are able to afford.
ID may be checked upon getting the keys for check in, from the responsible adult in the party.
Smoking is allowed only in outdoors / yard area. Fine for smoking tobacco indoors will be 500USD
Parking in designated area only. Room for 2 to 3 vehicles, and double parking in the garage is an option for you.