The Honeymoon Cabin is one of the most luxurious of the nine cottages available to guests at our enchanting mountain farm and retreat center. A spacious covered deck overlooks green jungle foliage along the banks of the rushing Rio Talari.
"The most magical place I visited in Costa Rica. It was soulful elegance and the most beautiful sited retreat center I have ever visited. From the gorgeous yoga studio to the awesome boulder in our cottage, every inch of Finca Mia was sweet sanctuary."
Guests may rent one or all of our cabinas at Finca Mia, depending upon availability. Our Green Season rates are in effect from May 1 through November 30. This is the ideal location for a family reunion or corporate retreat in a stunning tropical paradise!
Situated on the Rio Talari at the base of the Chirripo Mountain Reserve, Finca Mia is a tranquil jungle retreat offering many amenities for travelers seeking a unique Central American experience. Our cabinas are created from natural, local materials and are built into the jungle landscape, making them look like charming fairy cottages tucked among boulders along the maze of stone pathways criss-crossing our 25-acre property.
We cultivate the organic gardens which provide many of the fruits and vegetables served to guests of Finca Mia. Guest meals (three family-style meals per day) prepared by our on-site chef are offered at an extra charge of $50 per day per person. Kids under 5 eat free!
All meals are prepared fresh daily with lots of love and local ingredients to cater to the diverse tastes and diets of our guests. Shared meals in the kitchen long-house create an intimate, community feeling.
In addition to your cabin quarters, all guests of Finca Mia have access to
• La Cocina, the spacious community lounge attached to the kitchen, featuring a cozy reading nook with wood-burning stove, books and games.
• Stunning yoga deck overlooking Talari River valley (available for personal use as well as private or group yoga classes*)
• Rio Talari trails, swimming holes & colorful hammocks !
• On-site spa and wellness services* such as Swedish and Thai massage, Chinese acupuncture, spa facial & exfoliation treatments, and more.
* Additional charges apply for yoga classes and spa/wellness services.
Interaction with guests
Upon your arrival, we warmly welcome you, escort you to your cabina and give you a tour of our lovely jungle paradise. We then leave you to enjoy the rushing Talari River, tropical birdsong, and peace and quiet of this magical mountain valley.
We live on the property and are available 24/7 should you have questions or need assistance.
We may see you at mealtimes, if chef services are ordered, and we are happy to provide maps and info to help you explore the surrounding area.
Other things to note
• 24/7 Free Wifi: At Finca Mia, we encourage guests to enjoy the opportunity to relax, rejuvenate and unplug during their visit to our farm -- and we know that they may want or need to keep in touch with the outside world via email and the internet. Therefore, free wifi is available 24/7 in designated community spaces on our property (but not in individual cabinas as they are too far away from the signal).
• Laundry: we offer laundry services for $10 per load line-dry and $15 per load electric-dry.
What To Bring:
• Layers! Up here in the mountains, you'll find that the evenings are deliciously cool compared to down on the coast. Pack a few long layers (hoodies, beanies, yoga pants, socks) for evenings and mornings (long sleeves and pants also help keep the bugs at bay during dawn and dusk hours!)
• Bug Spray: speaking of bugs, our farm is in the jungle so yes, there are a few bugs! Deet-free insect repellant is best for you and the environment.
• Hiking Shoes: you're welcome to go barefoot here and if you like to get out and hike, we have plenty of room to do it! Much of the terrain here is hilly and rocky so shoes with good tread and ankle support are recommended.
• Flashlight/Head Lamp: It's very dark here at night, making for amazing after-dinner stargazing! Pack a flashlight or head lamp to carry with you after dark so you may safely traverse the pathways on our property.
• Please let us know if you have pets and we can discuss the possibility of you bringing them with you.
• Smoking is allowed in outdoor areas on the grounds -- please clean up all remains, thanks!
We expect our guests to treat our cabinas, community spaces and gardens with the same care and respect they show their own homes and lands. Gracias!
This listing is newly transferred to our Finca Mia account, however, we were unable to bring our reviews along with us, so we would like to share a few of our latest Honeymoon Cabin reviews with you!
"Finca Mia was the most magical place I visited in Costa Rica, and I couldn't have been happier with my choice to stay there. It was soulful elegance and the most beautiful sited retreat center I have ever visited. From the gorgeous yoga studio to the awesome boulder in our cottage, every inch of Finca Mia was sweet sanctuary."
From Portland, OR · July 2016 ·
"Our hosts were very welcoming and made us feel very comfortable and safe. Catherine gave us all the info we inquired about and didn't leave us hanging on anything. Our cabin was cozy and everything was in good condition. Our hosts gave us a tour of the farm and the other cabins which was really nice and we got to taste star fruit and goose berries straight from the plants themselves : ) The food was amazing and very nurturing. Lots of fresh veggies and fruits prepared with care and skill. We were very excited for dinner time: ) The cabin and surroundings were just as shown in the pics and actually the view from the balcony was better than expected. We were right next to the river which lulled us to sleep and it was perfectly quiet and private. This was a cool and refreshing retreat after being in the coast for 10 days. We were fond of the resident dogs and one of them, Lola walked us to our car when we left. One of the local men who was working on the farm (I forget his name) also opened the gate for us as we left and sent us on our way with a smile. The locals here in this area were particularly friendly as well which we didn't experience on the coast nearly as much. This farm was a warm environment in the cool mountains with beautiful surroundings and great food. I would recommend a trip to the hot springs if you have a car. We were well taken care of and recommend this place for a reclusive get away or a retreat experience."
From Calgary, Canada · June 2016 ·
"Our time at Finca Mia was relaxing, rejuvenating and enlightening. We had the privilege of being able to spend two nights at this oasis in the cloud jungles of Costa Rica, and loved meeting Michelle, Ian and their energetic lively sons. We loved the honeymoon cabin and thoroughly enjoyed the kitchenette and porch, but lying in bed listening to the thunderstorms will forever stay with us. Thank you all so much for the delicious meals and beautiful retreat. We hope to visit again."
From Portland, OR · May 2016 ·
"The local caretakers, Alvaro and Neni, could not have been any nicer or more helpful with everything. They made our stay even more special. The cabin was just what we were looking for. Very private and close to the river. It is beautifully built and has all the amenities needed to be comfortable. We hiked the grounds and enjoyed a refreshing dip in the cold and clean river water. We were fortunate to have the place to ourselves, as there were no yoga groups visiting at the time. It was very peaceful and relaxing. The area is isolated in a very good way, but yet has a small market, artisan cheese and chocolate shops within a reasonable walk from the property. Given the unpaved roads as you get close to the finca, a 4 wheeled drive vehicle is highly recommended. Communication was fantastic by email with Catharine. And her detailed directions with pictures made the drive easy. Recommend arriving before dark, given the combination of paved and unpaved roads. My wife and I wished we could have booked more than 2 nights, as this was our favorite experience during our 8 day trip to Costa Rica. Very highly recommended and hope to return for more nights next time we visit."
From Redlands, CA · May 2016 ·
"This farm is perfect if you want to be surrounded by nature. Very peaceful and clean. Everyone was very friendly. Overall a beautiful place! We will definitely revisit!"
From Costa Rica · April 2016 ·
"The honeymoon cabin is a fantastic place, huge deck where you can enjoy the sound of the river, comfortable king size bed, and good spaces for our 3-year old to play."
From Seattle, WA · January 2016 ·