Coastal Maine farm and cottage very close to the ocean. Scenic views, less than 1 hour from Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. Great area for hiking, biking, boating, arts, etc.. Small kitchenette, private building, nice shower and bathroom.
Beautiful coastal area - very good biking, hiking and kayaking. Sailing crusies on the bay are also available. Interesting and stimulating cultural events and some great places to eat and shop. The cottage is private and includes a sleeping loft, futon couch on the ground floor, small kitchenette, bathroom with hot shower, and a baby grand piano. This is a musician's perfect getaway to practice, compose, record, and delve into the music within.
Guests have access to a kitchenette in the cottage and a full kitchen my nearby home. High speed internet, parking next to the cottage, cable TV, one kayak and one bike.
Interaction with guests
I really enjoy getting to know guests but I will also respect your privacy. I love the area and know it well. I would be very happy to show you around a bit if we can both find the time
Other things to note
There is a beautiful vista of approximately 20 miles out to the peaks of the mountains of Acadia National Park from the deck of the cottage.
The unique and internationally known Surry Concert barn is about a two minute walk from the cottage.
We plan to have a summer program of arts and other special topic events including concerts, films, theater, art exhibitions Etc.
1) No smoking and please have respect for the interior of the cottage.
2) If a second bed and linens are needed there is an additional price of $10.00 per request .
3) Pets sometime require extra cleaning. Therefore, there is an additional cleaning fee of $20.00.
4) Please conserve on electric and heat when possible.
5) Is please recycle all bottles, cans, paper, cardboard, plastic and newspapers and magazines.
6) Late arrivals after 9:00 PM are dependent upon a late fee of $20.00.
I am a mature, pleasant, easy going, interesting, knowledgeable, very interested in helping out my guests and sharing what I know about the area,
a bit out of the box, ( I live in Maine),
musician, therapist, humanist, internationalist.