My new guest space is private and air-conditiioned including shower, toilet, vanity & kitchenette with separate entry door & key. We are central to all Gold Coast attractions. It has new furniture & modern décor & is surrounded by a beautiful garden. The lodge is a safe home away from home & is suited to couples, although 1 child/adult can also be accommodated. We are 500 metres to the nearest local shops & bus stop, & it's a 2.2 km walk to Metricon Stadium & the new GC Sports & Leisure Centre.
• The guest room is on ground level and is light and fresh and fully insulated against heat or cold. There is a split-system reverse-cycle air conditioner plus a ceiling fan. It has fly screens on all windows and locking screened security and main entry doors with your own keys provided.
• The wardrobe has hangers and drawers and full length mirror. There is 1 queen bed and 1 single bed, both with bedside lamps. There is also a curtain that can divide and create privacy between the 2 beds. A large well lit ensuite with walk-in shower, toilet, mirror and hair dryer. Good quality towels and bed linen is provided.
• A comfortable living space with 127cm flat screen TV. There is a table and chairs, desk with light, power points and unlimited wireless internet.
• A small well equipped kitchenette with sink, fridge and microwave, supplying guests with a self-serve breakfast including an offering of cereal, toast, juice, tea, coffee, sugar and milk.
• The guest room is located at the rear of the main home. It has it's own separate locking front door and security door and is accessible from the front of the home via the side gate.
• Access to our laundry for washing of clothing can be arranged if required.
• There is a lovely outdoor area with bench seat that has morning sun and afternoon shade, especially for guest use. There is also a cubby house with large whiteboard and markers where a child can draw.
Interaction with guests
My husband Garry is a retired cabinetmaker and I volunteer at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. We also have 2 adult sons living at home that are at work each day. Either myself or Garry will be here to welcome you when you arrive and farewell you when you leave. We respect your privacy however if you would like any assistance, just ask? I'm happy to give you directions to locations for things to see and do, places to eat and shop, etc.
Other things to note
Arriving to the Gold Coast:
1. Arriving by plane to the Gold Coast Airport?
The GC Airport is 32 kms from our home and is a 25 minute drive. There are taxis available at the airport and travel cost to our home is approximately $70. with Gold Coast Cabs.
2. Arriving by plane to Brisbane Airport?
The Brisbane Airport is 81 kms from our home and the quickest way to get here is by taking the Airtrain from the airport direct to Nerang Station on the 'Gold Coast express' option, which takes 50 minutes and costs $33.00 for a single paper ticket per adult. There are taxis available at the Nerang Station and it is a 3 km trip to our home which cost's approximately $20. with Gold Coast Cabs.
3. Arriving by car?
There is roadside parking in front of my home and there are no restrictions on parking.
- No drugs. Our home is 100% drug-free.
- Moderate alcohol only please.
- Whatever you use, please be respectful. Clean and put away all kitchen and other items that you have used. Any breakages will need to be paid for.
- No additional visitors unless they are booked to stay.
- Please be respectful of our neighbours and keep noise to a minimum. If you are coming home late any evening, please do so quietly.
From Apr 3 - 15, 2018 the minimum stay is 13 nights.
My motto is "don't delay what can be done today".
I love my volunteer work at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary and I enjoy meeting and sharing information on the park's wildlife to visitors very much. Early May 2017 I had an interview to volunteer at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games in April 2018. I look forward to the opportunity of volunteering at this huge and exciting sports event.
Up until March 2016 I worked professionally as a vocational education trainer and assessor teaching mainly business skills and assisting people in securing employment.
I enjoy sitting in my garden and love gardening. I enjoy a range of genres of music including country, disco, pop, rock and some classical, I even do karaoke sometimes! I enjoy having a night off cooking and dining out with family and friends. My husband Garry, a retired cabinet maker, and I also like going to see action and science fiction movies particularly on the large VMax screen at Robina Town Centre. Walking for fitness on our hinterland's bush walking tracks is fun but it can be hard yakka but the natural beauty of our hinterland makes it worth the effort.
Garry and I haven't been on many holidays away but we did go to Europe in 2014 and hope to visit New Zealand one day staying with an airbnb host.
I have been an airbnb host for 8 months now and I believe I have been a good host because I have a happy and helpful personality and at the same time respect other people's privacy, space and confidentiality.