Our home is in a quiet, tidy, residential neighbourhood, and will suit couples or solos. Absolutely perfect for out-of-town wedding guests. Close WALKING distance to RSA.
400m to the beach, 250m to - supermarket, service station, Post Office and Central Parade, where you will find cafes, hairdressers, ATM's, bike hire, pharmacy, takeaways, laundromats and more. There are bus stops within a few minutes walk. Location very handy to BLAKE PARK. 5 mins drive or 25 mins walk to Main Street Mount.
Your unit is totally self-contained and private with a locked door separating it from the rest of our home, and is on the lower level of the house. You have a separate access.
- BEDROOM - Queen bed, excellent quality linen, electric blanket if required.
- BATHROOM - light and roomy, with a shower over a bath (only shower available for bathing), toilet, towels, shower gel, soap, shampoo, conditioner, and a hairdryer.
- LOUNGE/equipped KITCHENETTE with SKY TV, (incl the SPORTS CHANNEL and MOVIES), toaster, kettle, microwave, small fridge, iron and board. A tea selection, coffee, hot choc, sugar and milk are supplied. (No full oven).
There is a sofa bed if two singles don’t want to share the bed.
- CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST provisions (e.g. cereal, yoghurt, bread, spreads, juice) are included for you to enjoy in your own room and in your own time. (GLUTEN FREE options are available - please request)
- FREE WIFI
You will have a key which gives you private, direct access through the ranchslider into the lounge so you can come and go independently. There is an off-road carpark outside your door which will fit a small-medium sized car. Larger vehicles are able to park out on the road, but possibly may be accommodated up the drive too.
Please note - CHECK-IN ON FRIDAYS only may be from 4-5 pm. Please enquire, as this may change with each week, and you will probably get in from 3pm as normal.
Interaction with guests
We will respect your wish for privacy and after welcoming you, will leave you to settle in and "do your own thing".
I am happy to help with any advice if needed, and am only a text, phone-call or ring on the bell away.
Other things to note
- We do have a cat, Bella, who completely minds her own business - she has no access to the bnb if you are concerned re allergies.
- Accomodation may not be suitable for some disabled guests due to shower being over the bath.
- There are no laundry facilities, however a fantastic laundromat is just a couple of minutes around the corner. A drying rack is provided here for you.
- Our property is smoke and drug free
- The house is up a drive in a quiet location so please be aware of this when booking. We live above the accommodation. We ask that you be respectful of our neighbours and our shared drive, thank you.
- Check in on Fridays only may be from 4-5 pm, but please check with me before discounting this accommodation, as this will often be flexible and you will most probably get in from 3 on.
This accommodation is strictly for one or two guests only.
My husband Mark and I (and our old cat Bella) have recently moved to the Mount from the great city of Auckland, where our three grown children live and work. We are loving the relaxed lifestyle and spend time walking along the beach, around the mountain or exploring our neighbourhood. Mark works full time and I keep myself busy!
We are really enjoying sharing our home with travellers, business people or those in need of a break.