Are you looking for the absolute perfect condo for your once in a lifetime vacation to Kauai? Do you want breath taking views from almost every room? Do you want to be within walking distance to multiple beaches? How about be close to shops and dining? Do you want luxury amenities at a reasonable price? Well look no further as you have found Heaven on Earth at Pu’u Po’a 313.
Our unit is over 2000 sq feet and filled with lots of cozy sitting, great beds with quality linens and towels. Enjoy!
Almost every room has a view of the ocean but unlike most other Pu’u Po’a units, ours is not just a view of the wide span of the big blue – we sit closer to the edge of the cliff and can watch the waves crashing against the cliff and reefs below. We can see the patterns of the reefs below and the multiple shades of green and blue in the water. And if we look hard enough, we can find a sea turtle or two. In the winter, it’s perfect for whale watching. And if one of the North Shore rain showers happens to bring you inside, you can still feel like you are right on the beach watching all the waves go by….
Our building is unique in that it faces Northeast and the trades winds cool off the unit naturally so we do not have air-conditioning. People visit Kauai and want all the sights, sounds and smells of the ocean they can experience with outdoor living so most like to keep the windows open. In our unit you can do so because we don’t have the direct afternoon sun beating in and a perfect breeze flows through to keep the unit cool while our atrium keeps the unit light and bright.
People from all over Princeville come to the sunset viewing spot directly next to our building. Simply walk out the door and go around the building and you have front row seating to the brilliant sunsets of Kauai.
We have decorated our home with art from local artists bringing out the beauty and uniqueness of the island of Kauai. Our home is designed for elegant casual living with the cultural flare of eco friendly bamboo furniture, mother of pearl mirrors, Kauai carved paddles and replicas of traditional Hawaiian canoes.
Although we have FREE wifi, cable TV, a bose stereo and phone calls available to US, Mexico and Canada, we also offer something that most homes don’t have – the opportunity to disconnect with electronics and reconnect with one another. We offer only one television in the living area and truly hope instead you will find entertainment looking out the atrium windows and at the stars from the lanai and at the sunsets together. And if not, we’ve filled a cupboard full of family games to bring back the conversations and the laughs that are meant to be had between family and friends.
We’ve made our best effort to give you a few things you might want to enjoy with the activities and adventures waiting for you here on Kauai. The lanai features a closet full of beach gear like boogie boards, beach chairs, a beach umbrella, beach mats, and a cooler. We even have tennis rackets and balls for you to use at the onsite tennis courts. There is a pool onsite too!
We have been renting our vacation rentals for almost 20 years and it is our true intention to make your vacation a memorable one by offering a gorgeous unit in a fabulous location with all the amenities you desire. Our Pu'u Po'a is our newest property and we are sure you will love it as much as we do!
Stay with us and have a vacation of a lifetime! Experience Heaven on Earth at Pu’u Po’a 313!
We are within walking distance to two beaches! Walk along the west side of the Pu’u Po’a property and you will find a hiking trail that takes you to one of the most sought after beaches on the island, Kaweonui Beach also known as Hideaways. The trail is steep and difficult (locals have put a rope there to hold onto!) but once you are down, you will find pristine water with some of the greatest snorkeling ever!
In addition to Hideaways, Pu’u Po’a beach is a 10 minute walk along a path on the east side of St Regis. This is where the locals go to swim out to reach the biggest surfing waves. This beach offers snorkeling, surfing and lots of sun bathing. There is even a pool side pub at St Regis, Nalu Kai Grill and Bar, to enjoy food and drink.
As for other nearby dining, there is no better experience than a Sunday Brunch at the St Regis next door overlooking Hanalei Bay, watching rainbows form over Bali Hai and see the surfers below catch a wave. Oh yeah! And then there is the fabulous food – coconut french toast, green smoothies, mango parfaits, your choice of any tropical juice and so much more!! Get there early for the best seating.
For a more casual menu, walk to Hideways Pizza in the Pali Ke Kua complex on the other side of Pu’u Po’a and find all sorts of Italian options with “gianormous” (my kids tell me that is a real word :-)) salads and fantastic bread!
Drive 2 miles to the shoppes at Princeville that have a little something for everyone…all your basics are there such as groceries, a bank, post office, and realtors abound but you will also find art, music, toys, Hawaiian soaps and lotions, clothing, jewelry, shave ice, and many more dining options too.
Five minutes further down the road and you’ve reached Hanalei with a more eclectic atmosphere and 3 blocks worth of more shoppes, restaurants and beach rentals – kayaks, paddle boards, surfing lessons, Napoli Trips, Helicopter tours and more.
Did I mention Princeville is home to 2 amazing golf courses?
Interaction with guests
Unfortunately we live on the mainland so all our interaction will be via email, phone or text.
Other things to note
Our condo is just 5 miles away from Hanalei, less than 10 miles from Tunnels Beach or the Kilauea Lighthouse and 12 miles from the Kalalua Trailhead. There are more variety of beaches and botanical gardens on the North Shore than anywhere else on the island.
License or registration number151-022-5920-01 and 100-924-4160-01
Learn about this number
- Quiet Hours from 10pm to 8am are enforced by local patrol with fines of up to $100/incident.
- We ask that you always rinse off sand at the foot wash at the base of the stairs and please no shoes in the house.
- Lock all doors and close all windows upon leaving the unit.
- Keep all perishable food items in the refrigerator to avoid pests.
- Leave no more than one set of towels and one set of sheets per bed for laundering upon departure.
- Please be energy conscious by turning off all lights, fans, TVs, stereos etc when leaving the unit.
- Only members listed as part of the rental party may stay in the unit.
- Keep the keys in the lock box to ensure you have a way to get into the unit if you get locked out. There is a $50 fine for lost keys.
- Park only in the parking lot - never on the grass.
- Quiet Hours from 10pm to 8am are enforced by local patrol with fines of up to $100/incident. Please keep TV/stereo volume low and monitor children during this time period. Because many people in Kauai sleep with their windows open, please be advised that sound travels through the corridors of Puu Poa. As such, please talk quietly in the stairwells and hallways. Refrain from cell phone use in the glass towers and be sensitive to the noise caused when rolling suitcases in the corridors early in the morning and late in the evening. Please try to prevent the front entryway doors from slamming shut. Keep front doors shut at all times.
- No objects may be thrown from any lanai, window or walkway.
- Fireworks and Tiki Torches are strictly prohibited.
- Pool Hours are from 8am-9pm. THERE IS NO LIFE GUARD ON DUTY - SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK. No glass or breakable containers are allowed at the pool. No smoking in the pool area. No hard surfaced floatation devices are allowed in the pool (such as a boogie board). No diving into the pool. Children 12 years old and under must have poolside supervision by an adult. Resident Manager may request that pool users conform their behavior to the pool rules. Failure to do so will result in expulsion from the pool area.
- Tennis Court Hours are from 8am - 7pm. Use the tennis court at your own risk. No food, glass or alcoholic beverages are allowed in the tennis court area. The tennis court is for tennis only. Proper footwear is required. Children 12 years old or under must be accompanied by an adult. Do not abuse the net or other equipment. Reservations are highly recommended and have absolute priority over walk-ups. Sign up on the sheet near the Resident Manager's office. Court may be reserved in 1.5 hour increments and may be reserved up to 48 hours before playing. Reservations will be cancelled if you have not arrived within 10 minutes of your reserved time.
- No items of personal property, including towels, baby strollers, bicycles, or surfboards, are permitted to be left on any common area of the property. Shoes are the only items that may be left outside of front doors.
- Nothing may be hung over the lanai railings at any time (including beach towels, etc.)
- Holiday decorations may be used on lanais for 2 weeks prior to the holiday, and must be removed within one week after the holiday.
- SMOKING: Smoking outdoors is only permitted in the designated smoking area located next to the monkey pod tree near the tennis court. Smoking is not allowed on lanais, walkways, or lawns.
- FOOT WASH: Please use the foot showers outside each building tower to remove the sand and dirt before entering the corridors. For washing larger items (e.g. beach equipment, bicycles, surfboards, etc.), there is a hose located in the middle of the parking lot.
- TRASH: Trash must be carried out to the bins in the parking lot. There are separate containers beside the trash bin for recycling, please recycle items in the appropriate container. Please breakdown cardboard and place beside trash bin; management picks up daily.
- PARKING LOT: The parking lot is to be used solely for parking occupants' motor vehicles. Play activities (i.e. skateboarding, in-line skating, etc.) are not allowed in the lot.
- FEEDING BIRDS PROHIBITED: Please do not feed the birds. Kauai has many endangered birds, feeding them and giving water takes them out of their natural eating habits. The State has large fines protecting these birds.
- DRONES: Drones are not permitted to be operated on Pu’u Poa property at any time. If drones are to be used for Commercial and Real Estate purposes, prior approval must be obtained from the Resident Manager.
- SIGNS: No posting of signs on property without prior approval by the Resident Manager.
- SOCIAL GATHERINGS: All social gatherings using common elements (e.g., pool) must have prior approval by the Resident Manager at his discretion. Please ask for House Rules for a Social Event.
- Do not remove any items that belong to the owner from the property. All beach accessories must be washed clean of sand and dirt and returned upon use.
- Should any equipment or appliances be out of order (including but not limited to jacuzzi tub, washer/dryer, dishwasher etc), please report it immediately. Reasonable efforts will be made to remediate the reported problems during business hours. Please keep in mind that being on a remote island can often delay receiving parts for repairs. There will be no refunds for such inconveniences. The guest authorizes property owner to repair damages or loses caused by guest or invitees of guest at the expense of guest.
- Please be careful with the items you put down the garbage disposal. Please put skins, vegetable leaves, peelings and all other large pieces of food in the trash and only use the garbage disposal for crumbs rinsed off.
- Please do not turn the dial on the refrigerator colder than the recommended setting. Doing so will cause the appliance to shut down. Keeping the refrigerator door closed will help maintain the necessary temperature.
- Do not move the furniture - it may cause damage and you will be charged accordingly.
- Owner or Agent may enter the premises for the following reasons: Assessing damages or malfunctions, to perform repairs and or maintenance, to supply services agreed upon including but not limited to pest control or in case of emergency. We reserve the right to enter the property at any time for the purpose of safekeeping and or prevention of further damage.
- Risks Associated with the Ocean: There are certain inherent risks to persons and property as occupants of the property located near the ocean, including but not limited to damages to persons or property from high surf conditions and drowning. Guest acknowledges that the owner would not rent the property unless the guest(s) fully accepts the risks associated with the property and it's location.
- Maid Service is not included and the cleaning fee covers laundering one set of sheets per bed and one set of towels per guest. You are welcome to use the fresh towels and sheets available however please launder and replace the used ones or you will be assessed an excess laundry fee of $20/load.
- Guests acknowledges the State of Hawaii is exposed to environmental hazards including but not limited to Tidal Wave, Tsunami, Hurricane and Flood. Please refer to the local phone book regarding evacuation instructions should a threat occur. We recommend Travelers Insurance for any unforeseen circumstances.
- Because we are in the tropics, you may encounter geckos and other pests. Our home is regularly treated for pest control maintenance however pests are a normal part of life in the tropics. Neighbors may also use pesticides and chemicals that may affect a person who is sensitive to pesticides and other chemicals. If a guest is sensitive to pesticides, chemicals or molds, they are urged to investigate the issue of possible health or safety prior to arrival.
- By reserving our condo, you are agreeing to the acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and procedures detailed therein. Guest accepts full financial responsibility for late departure, any loss of inventory, excessive housekeeping, damage or repairs due to abuse or neglect of the property occurring within the duration of the guests' visit. Guest accepts full responsibility and liability for all guests or visitors at the property during your stay.
We have been renting out our own vacation condominiums for the past 18 years. Vacations are some of the best memories we hold with our family. To us they are priceless moments of great adventures, relaxation and lots of fun.
We have traveled around the world taking notes on all the best quality properties and have integrating those traits into our own.
We love being not only in the majestic Rocky Mountains but also in the beauty and the tranquility of the Hawaiian Islands. We've adventured throughout the US, Europe and Mexico as well.
We put so much value in our vacations that as hosts, we make every effort to create a wonderful environment for memories to be made when you and your family vacation in our home away from home in Breckenridge, Colorado or on the North Shore of Kauai, Hawaii.
As guests, we are sure to treat your home the way we would want someone to treat our own. We know the hard work it takes to keep a home clean and comfortable and we do our best to treat yours with respect.
With every vacation our motto is live, laugh and love!