Modern split level lakefront home on Crystal Lake with amazing views; located between Scranton, Pa and Binghamton, NY, & close to Elk Mtn. Enjoy new comfy beds (King,queen & 2 twins) and 2 full baths. Fashionably designed interior, fully equipped kitchen, new sectional, 3 televisions, Washer/dryer. Located near golf courses, colleges, camps, rails-to-trails. Summer; walk, read, swim, float, kayak, bike, relax. Winter; ice-skate, cross-country, snow ski. Great for family & friends.
Our house was built in the 1990s for an extremely intelligent and charming man named George Hedges. George was a mechanical engineer who designed air helmets for all branches of the US military forces. He holds nine patents. We (two sisters) recently purchased his home and have updated with new furnishings to complement the 1990s era and decor. The split-level styling is unique with the kitchen on the upper floor and the living on the lower. The great expanse of glass in the front offers panoramic views of the lake. The three bedrooms are in the back, which look out onto a private Elkview golf course. The 75' private lake access is directly across the street to enjoy.
Interaction with guests
Our family has a long history at Crystal Lake and have been visiting since the 1960s. We all live close by and spend our summers here. If you have any questions about the area please get in touch.
Other things to note
Crystal Lake is a wonderful spot for vacation. This is a 45 acre, crystal clear, spring-fed lake and a perfect place to relax and unwind. A scenic 2.8 mile road follows the perimeter. Fish in Crystal Lake include largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, perch, pickerel, and bluegill. For golfers, there are several public off courses within a short drive; include 18 hole at Panorama and 9 at Fern Hall. For mountain bikers, a number of rail-trails and single-track run throughout the region. And, Elk Mountain ski resort is only 15 minutes away.
- Quiet hours start at 10pm
- Please drive extra slow on road, kids at play
- State law requires that you bring life preservers if you take canoe or kayak
- Parking- outside garage with 2 cars only, driveway shared
- Please bag your trash and recyling and place in containers provided in garage.
- Remember to use AC only when needed and not running all day.
- No events or loud parties please. It's a pristine quiet lake with great neighbors
- Please respect light colored rugs and remove shoes as needed
- House will be found neat and clean with fresh beds made and clean towels
- No mototboats, jet skis, or pontoons
- Enjoy the amazing views and cherish this house like it's your own. Relax, read a book, go for a walk/run/swim/bike and have a fantastic time.
- Before booking please send an inquiry for any additional people above six(6). There is a sectional in the living room which could accommodate one or two. A $20 each fee would apply.