The Lodge has been set up as a private house and garden for guests. It is situated on the grounds of Robinson House which has been occupied since 1830.
The lodge has been recently modernised to a very high standard. The fully-equipped kitchen has everything you need to cook a gourmet meal.
The kitchen / dining area is equipped with a wonderful AGA cooker which is perfect for cooking all styles of meals. The living room and all of the bedrooms are heated by oil-fired radiators. The house is equipped with a full size fridge freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and microwave.
The rest of the house is comfortably furnished with period furniture, comfortable sofas, a flat screen TV and DVD player. A library of interesting and unusual books on the history, poetry, flora and fauna of Ireland is available.
All four bedrooms have cotton bed linens, ample storage space and blackout curtains. Each bedroom enjoys views across the garden and countryside beyond.
There is a large family bathroom as well as a separate WC.
We will personally meet all guests and make sure you are settled in before leaving you to get on with the business of relaxing.
Selection of teas and coffee, homemade scones, muesli, preserves, fruit and milk will be provided for your arrival.
M3 Motorway - 8 mins
Kells - 10 mins
Navan - 15 mins
Dublin - 50 mins
Dublin Airport - 1 hour
Belfast - 1.45 hours
TOURIST ATTRACTIONS (By Car)
Girley Bog Eco Walk - 5 mins
Loughcrew Cairns - 15 mins
Trim Castle - 25 mins
Hill of Tara - 25 mins
Newgrange - 45 mins
CHILDREN ATTRACTIONS (By Car)
Playgrounds / Soft Play Centre, Kells - 10 mins
Tayto Park - 40 mins
Funtasia Water Park - 45 mins
Dublin Zoo - 50 mins
SUPERMARKETS / RESTAURANTS / BARS
SuperValu & Aldi Supermarkets in Kells - 10 mins
Good range of Cafes, Restaurants and Bars in Kells - 10 mins
• Spacious private garden
• Play area for children including swing, slide and climbing wall
• AGA Cooking
• Cosy Wood Burning Stove
• 100% cotton bed linen and towels
• Free WiFi
• Flat screen TV / DVD player and DVD's
• Library of Irish-themed books
• Local tourist information and guide books
• Board games and playing cards
• Hair dryer
• Washing machine
CHECK-IN FROM 3pm / CHECK-OUT BY 11am. Please advise of your approximate arrival time so we can plan our day to be here to greet you.
Guests have exclusive use of Robinstown Lodge with it's own private lawn and parking area. Guests are very welcome to explore the gardens and orchard. Children can use the tree house and slide.
Interaction with guests
We live in the main house next door and will meet you on arrival to give you all the information you need. Guests enjoy privacy during their stay however we are only a phone call or text away to provide additional information or to answer any queries.
Other things to note
* AGA cooking - for those of you unfamiliar with AGA cooking you are in for a pleasant surprise! When you check-in I'll give you a run down on how to cook on your AGA. Not only does the AGA excel at every style of cooking, it also provides constant gentle warmth. It creates a wonderful cosy countryside kitchen atmosphere that is just perfect for leaning against with your morning coffee.
* Huge lawn with cows just beyond fence
* Pitch dark night skies - perfect for star gazing
* Cosy wood burning stove (a large basket of logs is provided and further logs are available from the host for a small fee)
- Lodge is located on a working farm. For your safety guests are asked not to enter the farmyard or to walk through fields without being accompanied.
- We welcome children but they must be supervised at all times.
- Rubbish and packaging to be recycled and disposed of as per instructions in the house manual.
This host has 2 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hi, I'm Lisa. Thank you for considering Robinstown Lodge for your trip to Kells in County Meath. Whether you are visiting Kells to explore the historical sights, to visit family or just to relax in the countryside we think you will have a memorable stay at our lodge house.
The lodge is located on a working farm where birdsong and mooing are the only noises you'll hear!
Please email if you have any queries regarding the lodge or the sights to see and I will do all I can to help you plan your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to Robinstown Lodge.