This is a fully renovated home built in 1937 and is located on a quiet street in the historic district of Wilmore. It is a wonderful neighborhood located southwest of Uptown in a residential section of the city. All of the yards in this neighborhood are maintained and there are large, mature trees laced all around.
Located one block away from Uptown’s inner loop, less than 1 mile from downtown and directly behind what is known as the industrial district of Uptown Charlotte, the home is within walking distance to restaurants, art galleries, night clubs, amazing yoga studios and Bank of America Stadium (home of the Carolina Panthers football team). It is also located two short blocks, less than 1/5 mile from The Bland Street Light Rail stop which connects you to Center City, EpiCentre, etc...
Your non-smoking home has a fully equipped high end true professional grade kitchen with a Five-Star gas range, Viking refrigerator, Haier wine cooler, Viking microwave/convection oven, pots, pans, plates and utensils, ice maker, high-speed blender and juicer. The bedroom has a brand new Tempur-Pedic "Rhapsody HD" queen sized bed with 400-count linens and the loft has a twin size bed also equipped with 400 count linens. There is a sectioned off living space with a full size pull out sofa bed as well. This home can sleep 4-5 adults comfortably. (Additional feature options include: Personal Driver, Private Chef, fully stocked wine & beer cooler and Concierge to help show you around the city. This home would be an incredible spot to hold a dinner or business conference. (additional rates apply) .
It is a very spacious 2 bedroom loft style home that sits on 0.18 acres of land. It has a Manhattan loft feel, located in the heart of Wilmore. This house was built in 1937 during the gold rush era in the southeastern United States. I bought it in February 2008 and began my journey right away. The entire house was DE-constructed and then rebuilt from the floor joists to the studs. The old unusable materials were removed and the home was rebuilt to be one of the healthiest buildings in the region; from the highest quality complete home air filtration system available, to the healthiest & highest performing interior & exterior zero toxic paint and primer. This house is an extremely comfortable home that anyone who stays here is certain to fall in love with!
The purpose of this project was to design an Eco-friendly living space in an original home. Low environmental impact and high quality materials was the focus when rebuilding this home. Quite simply, this is one of the healthiest homes in the area, both from an environmental aspect as well as a healthy aspect for the people who stay here.
- Nominated in Charlotte Business Journal Green Award
- Under 1000 square feet (efficiently sized)
- All new total home electrical wiring, plumbing & HVAC system
- Reclaimed spiral staircase taking from local demo project
- Reclaimed hand hewn beams taken from a 200 year old barn
- Rinnai outdoor tankless water heater
- Low-E, Argon gas Pella Windows throughout
- Demilec Agribalance vegetable base foam spray insulation
- Bamboo flooring, grain woven, LEED certified
- Custom built Bamboo Plywood cabinets LEED certified
- Fuhr Low VOC clear coat & stain on all wood & metal surfaces
- Rainwater collection system
- Recycled Plastic Staron Samsung Counter tops
- Energy Star Rated Architectural Roof