Deepak's place was spacious and well done, there are two large bedrooms, our stay at the house was pleasant. The Villa is situated in a convenient location if one is interested in north goa, the villa is at a walkable distance from Saturday night market, and it was great to not drive as it gets congested on the roads.
Any AirBnB experience depends on the interactions with care taker/ host almost as much as the place itself, and we were a bit disappointed by the care taker of this place. This is our first time in goa and as such, we have learnt a bunch of things in general about goa and about the villa.
- Transportation options are limited. There is no Uber or ola in goa and people use rented bikes and taxi service. Note that taxi service is inflated and you'd need to have the itinerary beforehand for most of the services to give you a quote.
- The villa seems old and a bit unkempt on the inside. We are fine with this, but expect to find centipedes, cockroaches and frogs on the wall in your living area and bedrooms. I would suggest that the host make sure the living areas are cleaned as well.
- The care taker of the villa could suggest that her family can arrange for bikes/cars if needed (we have booked both from them) but I'd suggest stay away from that. The bikes her family gave us were illegal(with out commercial license) and we were stopped by the police on our way south. When we confronted them about it they were unhelpful and hostile.
- The care taker took it upon herself insist and invite potential guests into the villa and our living spaces. I would recommend that Deepak speak to her about common courtesy of not doing so when there's a booking already.
- There are many cafes at walkable distance, prefer it over food made by the caretaker. The host has some good suggestions in the villa.
- A general trip is to not have trust that the care taker and vendors in goa have your best interested in mind, even though it might not be their intention to actively put you at a disadvantage not being vigilant yourself will have the same affect. Ask for receipts of transactions and get to know the terms and conditions before hand.
- Some of the wiring seems arcane, dangerous and needs an upgrade. For instance the wire for the AC in the main villa burnt up on third day of our visit, we had to fix it ourselves at night, note that this is not a longterm fix and for safety of the guests it needs to be sorted.