Dear Catherine, we are really surprised to read your review and actually really sorry ... if you simply would have answered to our sms we would have probably sorted out the inconveniences you mentioned ... anyway ... just to explain to future guests:
1. The house was actually not available for your arrival date: as we had other guests leaving on the same day, I told you that it would have been possible to welcome you "just in case" of a late arrival ... you accepted that and I thought it was fine for you;
2. We do have good mosquito screens in the windows ... but if you leave the door open, with the light on, it is possible that they are attracted and get in; they sell skin repellents in any shop around as the heat of this summer made them reproduce fast ...
3. there were cartridges on the bathroom drawer but anyway the shops were open until 9pm, you arrived at 7pm.
4. When you requested a mosquito net, I told you it would have been difficult to set it in the same evening but possible. You didn't answer to any of my messages, so I supposed you solved the mosquito problem;
5. You were kept up at night by a noisy wood - boring beetle in the headboard of the bed and we are REALLY sorry about it ... we had no idea and as you have been the only one to mention it, we will immediately get rid of it: all furniture in the house are made of wood and it's something that could happen;
6. we are welcoming people since 1992 and actually all our guests usually enjoy the lovely garden and the peace and quiet of the area. The "gardener" came to fix a problem in the other side of the house as we had a terrible damage on the water conduct. You could have advised me and I would have asked him not to come during your stay.
7. The washing up liquid was inside the wash basin and yes we do not give any laundry detergent ... normally guests travel with its own soap if they are supposed to do any laundry (anyway there is plenty of laundry detergent just next to the washing machine and nobody would have been controlling if you use it or not);
8. usually after arrival people go shopping and buy whatever they need. If in 4 days you didn't manage to go ones to buy the essential, I am sorry but I couldn't do it for you;
9. Prison scene at night with ugly bare lightbulbs? fortunately AirBnb came with a photographer to take nice picture of the house ... no need to answer!
10. As we normally do, in Italy, we use 3 kind of towels: shower, face and bidet ... a good quality set of them for each guest have been enough in our previous experiences hosting ... as you were going to stay just 4 days we thought it were enough for you too, but if you needed more there were also more ...
Finally ... we are not a 5 stars hotel and we also do not pretend it ... we are a family renting a cute and usually welcoming house. we are persons and we actually expect from our guests to speak with us and communicate naturally. My mother was there and asked you if everything was fine ... why didn't you tell her that you were not enjoying your stay instead of saying everything was fine? she would have given you back the money without hesitation and you could have gone to the nearby 5 stars hotel immediately !!