About this listing
Secluded in very private & safe, gated community, our house offers an excellent getaway from the hustle & bustle to be perched directly above the beautiful Whakamoenga Point on the shores of Lake Taupo.
Our house has an open plan Kitchen/Dining/Living room with glass sliding doors on either side to create an airy feel that enables you to enjoy the views of the lake from every rooms in the house & open up different sides of the house depending on the weather. The large living room has an open fireplace and a 10 seat dining table, not to mention further dining options either on the front deck or in the internal courtyard.
We have a sound system throughout the whole house which can be linked to your smartphones/ ipads or computers so you can play your favourite music in any of the 4 different zones of the house. Our living room has a large TV with DVD player, SKY & Apple TV. There is aircon & heating throughout the whole house.
4 BEDROOMS AVAILABLE:
* Bunkroom, on the same floor as the living area, 5 beds (3 single & 2 king single), large Flat screen TV (with Apple TV & DVD player available).
*Master, with Super King bed, walk in wardrobe, ensuite bathroom with a double shower and a bath, private deck with a very large outdoor stone bath & shower.
*Guest Bedroom 1, with Queen size bed, walk in wardrobe, private deck with amazing lake views set down in the bush (shares bathroom with Guest bedroom 2)
*Guest Bedroom 2, with Super King size bed, walk in wardrobe, private deck with amazing lake views set down in the bush (shares bathroom with Guest bedroom 1)
*Lanai, with Pull down Queens size bed, 2 day beds, flat screen TV, open fireplace, fridge & large bathroom with shower. The Lanai is a self-contained cottage, which is perfect for another family or a couple.
EXTRA BEDROOM (for an extra fee)
At the back of the Lanai, there is another smaller (Nannies) bedroom which we can be opened for an extra fee. This room has a queen size bed and its own bathroom.
EXTRAS AVAILABLE AT THE HOUSE (no extra cost)
Kids toys, 2 high chairs, 2 portable cots
Our guests are welcome to use the facilities at the point including tennis courts, a petanque area, 2 private boat ramps & access to private beaches. You are also very welcome to use our lovely fresh herb garden situated to the side of the main outdoor courtyard & BBQ deck.
Interaction with guests
We will give you the contact of a local couple that manage the property & that can be contacted 24/7.
Other things to note
We can organise a cleaner as often as you would like & can provide a turn down' service if required. There is an additional NZ$300 cleaning fee at the end of your stay.
* No Parties, this property is absolutely not suitable for a large party (must have all noise down by midnight).
* Because we live in a very private & privileged community, we would appreciate any guest showing the utmost respect for the small number of other permanent residents at the Point.
* A maximum of 8 Adults are permitted to sleep in the property - please inquire if you are traveling with kids (this price includes 2 extra kids, the bunkroom has 5 single beds which are perfect for kids to share).
* No pets allowed in property
* Strictly no smoking inside the house or around the property (no smoking zone)
* MAX 30km per hour within the grounds
* Strictly no wipes or woman's sanitary products in toilets/also limit about of food/grease getting through the drain as we have a sceptic tank - VERY IMPORTANT TO SHARE WITH YOUR GROUP
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 1 review for other properties.View other reviews
We are a young family of 4, my son Raphael is 3.5 years old and my daughter Lilou is 1 year old. We built our holiday house to suit our family needs and to create fond memories for our growing family. We live in Hong Kong for the moment and we love traveling, eating and sharing life fun moments with our amazing friends from all around the world! My husband is a Kiwi and I'm from Belgium, interesting mix of culture and we wouldn't want it any other way!