About this listing
My Sedona Place is a Sedona vacation rental that offers an entire home, fully furnished w/3 bedrooms, two full baths, skylights, large bright open living area, fully equipped kitchen, beautiful patio - and some truly spectacular Red Rock views!
MSP is the perfect launch pad to discover all that Sedona has to offer: In West Sedona, close to restaurants / shopping but also hiking! Fabulous views from the patio, bright and open, in a quiet /secluded residential area - you'll have a new place to call, My Sedona Place!
I must say here, the City of Sedona had restrictions on rentals for less than 30 days, but the state of Arizona has passed a bill that does not allow for those kinds of restrictions - so we're renting for shorter periods now.
A Unique Vacation Experience...
My Sedona Place is a Sedona vacation rental that offers an entire home, fully furnished w/3 bedrooms, two full baths, in-home washer and dryer - and some truly spectacular Red Rock views! This vacation rental consists of a geodesic dome home, with over 1500 sq ft of bright, open living, situated on more than half an acre in a secluded and quiet location in West Sedona.
All with magnificent views of Cathedral Rock and Thunder Mountain!
FOR THOSE WHO FOLLOW THE ENERGY VORTEXES, the patio of this home is on a direct line between the vortexes at Cathedral Rock and Kachina Woman (Boynton Canyon). And, being a dome home, there is already a great sense of energy within and around the home. Add to that some beautiful large crystal showpieces, and you have an energetically-attuned home just waiting for your arrival! (and, the home is periodically cleansed to ensure only positive energy awaits...)
FOR THOSE WHO LOVE TO GET OUT HIKING, this home is only a hundred yards from the start of some magnificent hikes that take you around airport mesa, through Carroll Canyon, or directly down to Cathedral Rock and Buddha Beach. The trails offer unique views of the Sedona Big Four - Bell Rock, Cathedral Rock, Castle Rock, and Courthouse Butte. A detailed trail guide and other local information is provided for your stay.
FOR THOSE WHO LOVE MOUNTAIN BIKING, this location offers superb access to some fantastic trails... some of the best mountain biking in the country!
Guest amenities at this fabulous Red Rock Retreat include:
* 3 bedrooms - master upstairs is huge, with a queen bed and a massive ensuite; one of the main floor bedrooms has a queen bed, and the other has two twins... plus there's a roll-away cot if you need one more spot!
* Full kitchen with everything you need to prepare snacks or a feast including full stove, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, refrigerator with large freezer space and dishwasher, plus an array of utensils and dinnerware to serve many or few!
* 42" High Def LCD TV and Blu-Ray/DVD player (plus a smaller unit in the master bedroom)
* Complimentary High Speed Wireless Internet throughout My Sedona Place, even out on the patio!
* Great patio and views
* BBQ grill
* All linens & towels provided
* High-efficiency washer & dryer
* Full A/C system for summer, new natural gas furnace for winter... plus lots of light!
For more details or with any questions, please contact us.
You'll have a new place to call your own... My Sedona Place!
(You can also find (email hidden))
NOTE - the State of Arizona has passed legislation that ensures that communities cannot restrict short-term rentals. However, because of the old restrictions put in place by City of Sedona (now no longer valid), there are some people who are 'sensitive' to the issue and feel short-term renters take away from the community! I'm sure that neither you nor I want your stay to be an issue for any neighbors, so please be respectful - no loud parties or disturbances will be tolerated. No exceptions!
The home is in a quiet residential area - and with 2/3rds of an acre, lots of space between you and the neighbors! (However, that doesn't mean that loud parties or disturbances are welcome - they'll absolutely not be tolerated)
It's also a fabulous place to watch the sunset on Cathedral Rock - or the sunrise on Thunder Mountain, both visible from the patio.
Other Things to Note
Once a booking is confirmed, I send out a detailed list of my favorite restaurants and things to see and do in the area, including itinerary details for a day trip to the Grand Canyon, something for star-gazers and astronomers, and absolutely, some of the best maps and trail guides - whether you're a hiker or a biker, you couldn't pick a better place than Sedona!
- this home is in a residential area - no loud noise, parties, or disturbances will be permitted.
- no smoking in the house, please pick up any cigarette butts if you smoke outside
- no outdoor footwear to be worn in the house - the red rock dust is pretty abrasive on the tile floors, so please plan on bringing slippers or separate footwear if you would like to wear something on your feet
- pets are only allowed on request, with an additional charge of $50 for pet cleaning
Have you ever thought about where we come from - where the carbon and the other elements in our body come from? When you realize that they're the remnants of exploded stars from billions of years ago, and they will once again become part of something else in billions of years - well, it puts our existence here into perspective. Let's just say my components have traveled far further and have lives far longer than I myself will expect to... but, what a ride I'm giving them! Besides, who wants to leave this planet w/a body that still has the potential for miles and miles and years?
Places I've loved include:
* Edmonton (yes cold in the winter but the skies are clear and it's a dry cold, and the summers are so kick-ass we're still cooling down for months) - I mean, where else besides the Arctic do you get summer sun until 11 PM and an early morning sunrise at 5:30 that will blow your mind?
* Nepal - Kathmandu has some of the worst air quality and yet some of the most incredible sites you'll ever see! Trekking in the Himalayas will always be a fabulous memory...
* Peru - and of course, Cusco and experiencing live local music in a nightclub hidden off a back alley full of Cusquenos at 4 AM on Peruvian Independence Day, and being the only foreigner there, and then revisiting it with my sons a few years later... and then the mountains and Inca sites and Machu Picchu and and and...
* Sedona, AZ - yes, as commercial as it can get in some areas, but also one of the most outstanding spiritual places on the planet, as long as you open yourself to the right energy... so enamored, in fact, that I bought a place there.
* Bodhgaya, India, where Buddha was enlightened... meditating on the roof of the Tibetan monestery at 4 AM listening to the chanting from the temple and watching/listening to the egrets in a tree across the park, as the sun slowly illuminated the sky and the awareness of a new day filtered into the local consciousness... (a completely different 4 AM but 4 AM nonetheless...:-)
Things I love include:
* my kids - they are such a source of joy, and pride, and happiness, and lessons... :-)
* hypnotherapy - I trained for and then started New Journeys Hypnotherapy, because I realized that it was exactly what I was meant to do... help others reach their full potential!
* fresh zuchini and tomato, lightly stir-fried, and then let it sit w/grated cheese on the top... especially when it's fresh garden (or my own!) veg that I'm cooking!
* mountain climbing - not that insane shit where you need to use ropes etc, but the style (scrambling/bouldering) where you use your feet, hands, and head, and still manage to stay (relatively) safe... perhaps it's why I love the mountains so much...
* have 55,000+ followers on My Daily Step on ... a project I truly enjoy...