Studio cottage located on 16 acres just 5 miles from some of the nicest beaches in NorCal. Wild roses and lavender greet you at the front door and a sunny patio off the back is perfect for morning coffee. At night you will be charmed to sleep by the songs of frogs and the occasional barn owl. From here it is a short drive to; hike in the redwoods, picnic on the beach, strolling in the town of Half Moon Bay or make the drive to SF, San Jose or Santa Cruz. There is no WiFi and we call it perfect!
*To start -welcome. Please breath deeply and relax. We love our home and want you to, too. We have left a bottle of wine for you to start the decompression. This is a place for you to decompress from the real world.
* The bed is a queen size with crisp, white sheets. We have offed a variety of pillow firmnesses for all different styles of sleep.
* We love our pets. And we travel with ours. We have a food station and personal towel for you pet. We ask that you do keep you dog or cat on a leash while you are here. Our old dog would love to play with yours but he gets hurt easily so best to keep the animals from ruff-housing.
* We have both coffee and tea in the kitchenette for you to make in the morning. The kitchenette has a small refrigerator for you to use. There is a microwave, small coffee pot/toaster combo and a hot plate for your use. In the refrigerator you will find local pastries for you breakfast, orange juice and yogurt. There is bottled water for you. The tap water is from our well and fine to drink and is great for your coffee and tea. There is no oven for cooking. We can give you a few ideas for eating in the area.
*There is very limited cellphone access (ATnT and Verizon work fine): no internet and no cable TV - take advantage of the peace. The TV has a DVD player in it and there are a few DVD's. Bring you own movies or try some of ours.
*The beach is a 5 minute drive to the west. Hiking in the redwoods is a 7 - 10 minute drive to the east. Or you can stay in and sit at the fire bowl. It is ready to light, please enjoy after you return from your days adventures.
Guests access the through the main gate of the property. The entire cottage is for you to use. There is a back patio and fire bowl for you. The rest of the property is our personal home space. When we are here, we would be happy to show you around.
Interaction with guests
We live in the main house on the property. In most cases, we will be home and can help with question of the local area. We understand that everyone enjoys their time away, so we do respect your privacy.
Other things to note
*Because we are 5 miles in from the coast, our weather is much different than coast side and often have warmer afternoons and cooler evenings. The afternoon trade winds often bring in our "air conditioning" or rather, cloud cover.
*There area is well known for cycling so if that is your sport, you will have many friends to meet at the San Gregorio store or Alice's at the top of the hill.
*The main property has a pond and horse barn. They are not included in the cottage rental. Because we do live on the property, we will be working on the property. We will he respectful to your privacy as we expect you will be to ours.
*There is no WiFi. The phone services that reception are AT&T and Verizon. There is also no cable TV. There is a TV and we have a few DVD's. Feel free to bring your own or decide to check out of all media for a little while.
- We only ask that your respect the privacy and peace of those on the property
- There are unsecured water features on the property. This may not be safe for children.
- Quite evening hours are after 9:30pm.
- We are happy to take you to the horses but please do not go to the barn unescorted.
- We do allow your dog or cat. We ask that you keep your pet on a leash for their safety. And, of course, please clean up after your pet.