About this listing
Cozy designer 3 BR wooden villa complex overlooking a lush rice field valley, jungle and Mt. Agung. Quiet, away from the bustle of the city, yet a short 15 minute walk to Ubud center. Steps away from the air conditioned bedrooms are the pool and open dining/living pavilion.
Tastefully furnished, this elegant well cared-for villa complex offers beautiful landscaping, plentiful parking, internet and wifi, and an infinity pool. At present the maximum occupancy is 6 guests. And, if you happen to be 1, 2 or 4 guests wanting a romantic or just private holiday, you will still have the whole space to yourselves.
Our villa is perfect for:
Families with older children who don't mind sleeping in a different building, or, with a small child who can sleep in the same room with parents. In this case the Jepun bedroom has a queen bed and a single bed that doubles as a sofa.
Two or three generation families
3-6 Singles, (who can accomodate in the three bedrooms with three queen size beds and one single bed.)
Rai and Wayan, the lovely housekeepers are there to clean the rooms daily and prepare breakfast.. They will also go shopping for you, if you'd like to try goodies from the traditional market (i.e. fresh tropical fruits, etc.) or from the supermarket. The wood house and breathtaking veranda and open yoga /meditation space is totally private.
Wood Suite: Consists of roomy bedroom with small office space, beautiful open air terazo bathroom, and breezy view veranda with lava stone meditation/yoga space. Air conditioned
Jepun Suite: A separate building, made from recycled teak white-washed wood panels, a blend of modern and traditional, this spacious bedroom has a comfy reading sofa and office area, and attached open air garden bathroom. Designer pillows and bed runners from Burmese Karen tribe longzhi cotton. Air Conditioned.
Bebek Suite: Downstairs from the Wood Suite, this newly available smaller suite is bright and cheery, and close to the rice fields, thus the name, Bebek, which means "ducks". The attached bathroom has a bathtub where you can soak while looking out the giant window over the ricefields. Air conditioned.
Kitchen - Stand at the custom-crafted terazo sink and look out the window onto the infinity pool, swaying coconut trees, jungle and rice fields. Kitchen simple, roomy and easy to cook in.
Dining/Lounge Pavilion: Large dining table for meals and games. and cozy Javanese antique wood sofa for lounging. Part of the Bali experience is just to be still and watch the amazing life around us.
Entrance and Gardens - There is a beautiful garden walkway from the parking area to the house. To the left are tropical gardens with flowering trees and heliconia. To the right is the organic garden and guests are welcome to pick whatever they need. We've had great crops of eggplants, cucumber, lemongrass, and tomatoes. It's always changing.
Yoga Space: There is an outdoor yoga deck adjacent to the wood suite veranda. Or, not to give you choice anxiety, but the pool deck also provides a breezy yoga space, and you can jump into the pool when you finish your workout!
Guests have exclusive access to the villa suites, dining/lounge pavilion, and kitchen, which is a separate building. They are also welcome to the fruits of the on-site organic garden, whatever happens to be in season..
Interaction with guests
We enjoy meeting our guests whenever possible, but also are respectful of your privacy. We are always available to answer questions, suggest massages for you, and make recommendations of great places to eat, and great sights to see. Guest groups have also enjoyed a private yoga class at the villa - best to book before you come. Just email or give us a call.
Other things to note
You will love the setting of this villa. Sit on the veranda at night, or soak in the swimming pool and watch the fireflies flit about over the ricefield.
BUGS: Part of Bali's charm is it's integration with nature, and nature includes occasional interaction with harmless lizards and spiders. Small lizards can often be seen on the ceilings - it is a good thing as they eat the mozzies. The bathrooms in the Wood Suite and Jepun Suite are open to the outside. We provide bug repellent and recommend guests use it. If you are really spooked by bugs, then Bali is probably not the place for you!
FREE Fast WIFI: We have fast fiber optic internet.
A free local cell phone will be provided so you can contact us whenever needed, book activities, massages or restaurants, etc. Staff numbers are programmed into the phone as well as names of drivers for local transport or tours.
Massages and private yoga teachers are available on request.
Gusti is a tour guide and driver and can happily provide you with transportation in and around the island, and custom tours. Just call him to book a tour or to get information.
1. We sincerely want you to feel at home here and please treat the facilities with the same care you would take in your own home.
2. LATE ARRIVALS - If you are planning to arrive after 7 pm, we can accommodate you but you must book Gusti for transport to the villa, as he will have the keys and can check you in.
3. REGISTRATION The morning after arrival, to fulfill government requirements, the staff will need to photcopy passports of all guests. We appreciate your cooperation.
4. BREAKFAST - Our set breakfast is provided and will be served for you between 8 and 10 AM. Please let us know if you need to eat earlier than that time, and we will prepare fruit, boiled eggs, bread, butter, jam, in the fridge and you can help yourself. Coffee, tea and drinking water are always available.
5. CHILDREN - The maximum number of guests in the villa is 6. That includes children. Airbnb policy is to always book for the number of guests INCLUDING children. We do not have cribs but guests have often rented baby cribs and high chairs from balibaby ( you can do a search for them - airbnb doesn't allow us to put the website)
6. Please help us CONSERVE WATER. Towels and sheets are changed every three days but if you don't need them changed, just let the housekeeper know.
7. Please help us CONSERVE ELECTRICITY. In Bali we do experience blackouts from time to time, lasting from a few minutes to a few hours. When you leave your room for the day, please turn off the AC, lights and fan.
8. No smoking allowed in the villas - please smoke outside.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 51 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Dear Ubud visitors,
I am happy to offer you several rental properties, which I manage.
Here is my story. Born in 1974, I was one of the first employees of Roda Internet Cafe, the first of its kind in Bali. From that experience, and daily contact with tourists from all over the world I learned my English and a bit of other languages as well. I also became proficient at computers.
Eight years ago I began my present career as tour guide and driver and really enjoy getting to know guests from many countries and showing them my beautiful island.
Last year, I built a beautiful villa, from an old Javanese house, on my family land, where I live next door with my parents, sister, wife and 4 children.
Now we are managing two more villas on Jl. Sri Wedari in Tegal Lantang, Ubud. Please check all our listings to see which fits your needs best.
We can recommendations restaurants, massage and other health options, yoga, cooking classes, and whatever else you are interested in.
My friend Sue and I will do our best to make your stay unforgettable.