Escape to this wooded Sierra foothills retreat on 2 private acres in the in the Amador County wine country, where your noisiest neighbors are the hummingbirds, woodpeckers, and an occasional hawk.
This very special home offers abundant serenity and panoramic views in a nature-rich environment. Its open floor plan and high ceilings provide accommodations that are comfy, but never cramped. Spend hours watching several varieties of birds eat from the feeders on the deck, both from the deck itself and from inside the house. Plentiful windows and a centrally-located skylight provide lots of light and bring the outdoors in.
The kitchen is fully equipped with modern Kenmore appliances, including a portable dishwasher. A toaster, a coffee maker, and a blender are also provided. The house is at once remote and private, but also affords easy access to CA Highways 88 and 49. It's the perfect "base camp" for those seeking peace and relaxation, but with plenty of access to fun once you've recharged.
There are no keys to misplace or lose! House access is keyless; you'll be provided an access code upon check-in.
Interaction with guests
Please take a few minutes to review the House Guide/FAQ. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to text me and I'll reply as soon as possible. My guest management team is nearby and I can engage them if your issue is something I can't help with over the phone or text.
Other things to note
- AT&T and Verizon have excellent reception at the house.
- Draperies in the bedroom have blackout liners to help ensure excellent rest
- The bed is a Queen with a very comfortable mattress topper
- 32-inch flat-screen television with ability to stream your Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and/or HBO Go accounts
- DVD player
- Wireless internet access (no cable)
- The grounds are rustic and natural
- The deck spans the length of the house, offering plenty of seating
- Hwy 88 is completely out of view, but it's also about a quarter of a mile away. As such, muffled sounds of occasional vehicles can be heard from time to time when outside. The house, itself, has dual-paned windows throughout, so the inside is silent.
- Fire: Our precious Sierra foothills are very susceptible to fire. Please be mindful of the ever-present fire danger and use caution.
- Smoking: Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the property.
- Water: This property is on a well and we are in a severe drought. Please be careful not to waste water. Thank you!!
- Noise: The house is in a very private and serene setting; however, there are a few neighbors nearby. Please be respectful and keep noise levels low.
- Septic Part I: This house is on a septic. Please use a paper towel to wipe grease off any cooking or dining items and discard prior to rinsing.
- Septic Part II: Please try not to use excessive amounts of toilet paper. Not to scare you: the toilet is a brand new water conserving Kohler and works incredibly well :)
Hi! Thanks for considering my property and for reading my profile. A little about me...
I'm a health and wellness educator, project manager, mom, grandma, dog-lover, and lover of all animals.
I'm a hiker, backpacker, traveler, and explorer.
I'm also a voracious reader and lifelong student, a health and human potential enthusiast, photographer, and animal/environmental advocate.
I'm an early riser and I believe morning is the best time of every day. :)
My life motto: “Soar, eat ether, see what has never been seen; depart, be lost. But climb.” ~ Edna St. Vincent Millay