Central location. 17 m2 private to guests rooftop terrace. Picturesce views. 400 year old house in traditional Amsterdam architecture. Comfortable high quality double bed. Uniquely decorated colourful room. 8 minutes from central station. Walking distance to all the major attractions. 30 minutes from airport. Safe neighbourhood. Historic beautiful city centre of Amsterdam experience.
- Walking distance to Beurs van berlage and the conservatory -
Our house is a beautiful old Amsterdam house built in the 16 hundreds. It has a traditional dutch facade and old twisting stairs. (The stairs are steep which is one of the characteristics of this kind of Dutch architecture) It is located in the monumental historic centre of Amsterdam one street away from the red light district and at 8 minutes walking distance from the central train station with a direct train to the airport. We rent out the top room of the house which includes a ±17m2, private to guests, rooftop terrace overlooking the centre of Amsterdam. It is a great place to enjoy a unique picturesque view of the city. There are chairs and a table available to enjoy a meal and a drink with a view. The room is ±17 m2 and has a comfortable high quality double bed. The room has includes a sink, 3 large cupboards of storage space, a desk, a music installation with a CD collection and a kettle with tea and coffee, plates and cutlery. The room is very colourful and has a bohemian feel to it.
The room and the rooftop terrace will be private to our guests. during your stay no one will come up to your room or the rooftop. The bathroom will be shared. Shampoo, shower gels and towels are available. The kitchen is not available for cooking however vegetarian food and drinks can be stored in the fridge. To be able to get to the top room you need to pass through the living room. The living room is for passing through only.
Interaction with guests
Hi I am Sas and I live in London. I'm renting out my old room in my parents house so all face to face interaction will be with them. My dad will hand you the keys, he can lend you a map of the city and is very happy to give any advice or directions. If you would like more advice on where to go in Amsterdam before your trip I'd be more than happy to help.
Other things to note
The ground floor is an art gallery with my dad's art. You are welcome to have a good look at the art and ask any questions about it. Just be careful when passing through that you don't lean against the frames because it's thin glass.
- No smoking in the house. Smoking on the rooftop terrace is allowed.
- It is allowed to enjoy a bottle of wine or a joint on the terrace but please don't get completely of your face. It is dangerous because the terrace doesn't have fencing and if you use too much drugs you could fall of the roof.
If you are going to Amsterdam JUST for the drugs maybe this is not the best place to stay! We have no problem welcoming people who know their limits with alcohol, weed and drugs. Enjoying in moderation is not a problem at all. My dad is an ex hippie so he won't judge you. He just doesn't want to clean puke or deal with drug tourists.
- You can come home whenever you like in the night time. Just make sure that it's quiet after 11pm.
- no extra guests allowed outside of the booking. If you would like a friend to stay or come over we have no problem with that as long as it is communicated in advance. For an extra person to stay after 11pm there is a charge.
- The kitchen is strictly vegetarian so no meat and no fish.
- No cooking in the kitchen however food and drinks can be stored in the fridge. Tea and coffee is in the room.
- We would like to know the arrival time in advance so we can make sure someone is at the house. Arrival can be between 10am and 9pm however if you would like to arrive outside of these times it might be possible. Just let us know and we will see what we can do.
- have fun ;)
Hello I'm Sas! I grew up in the centre of Amsterdam where me and my Dad turned my old bedroom into an Airbnb. It has been awesome to share this space with guests from all over the world. Using airbnb gives a personal touch to travel which is why I love to use this platform.