Airbnb's Content Policy
Airbnb's Content Policy
By posting content on Airbnb, you agree to abide by this policy. Content includes any written, photographic, audio, video or other content, including:
- Writing: Listing titles and descriptions, profile pages, public and private reviews, feedback, Community Centre posts and messages to Airbnb, Hosts or guests
- Imagery: Photos and videos, as well as imagery depicted within photos and videos (such as posters or art hanging on a wall)
We reserve the right to remove any content, in whole or part, that violates this policy, our Terms of Service, our Community Standards, our Reviews Policy or for any other reason at our sole discretion. In the event of repeated or severe violations, we may also restrict, suspend or remove the associated Airbnb account.
The following content is not allowed on Airbnb:
- Content created solely for the purpose of advertising or other commercial content, including company logos, links or company names
- Spam, unwanted contact or content that is shared repeatedly in a disruptive manner
- Content that endorses or promotes illegal or harmful activity, or that is sexually explicit, violent, graphic, threatening or harassing
- Content that is discriminatory (review our Nondiscrimination Policy for more information)
- Content that attempts to impersonate another person, account or entity, including a representative of Airbnb
- Content that is illegal or that violates another person’s or entity’s rights, including intellectual property rights and privacy rights
- Content that includes another person’s private or confidential information, including content that is sufficient to identify a listing’s location
Additional policy violations for specific types of content:
- Listing titles that include information irrelevant to the listing type, style or experience
- Listing titles that include symbols or emojis
Listing or profile pages
- Listings and profiles that provide fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive information
- Content that is off-topic, doesn’t ask a question or doesn’t offer knowledge in response to a question as part of a larger discussion
- Harassing, trolling or repeatedly targeting community members
- Reviews that violate our Reviews Policy
- Personalised web addresses that don’t follow our Custom URL Policy
Content related to COVID-19
- To help combat the spread of misinformation related to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have provided guidance on Airbnb's Content Policy and the Coronavirus.
How to report content that violates our policy
If you believe content violates this policy, you can report the content directly through the app or by contacting us.
Did this article help?
- GuestAirbnb's Reviews PolicyOur policy helps ensure helpful, informative and accurate reviews for guests and Hosts.
- GuestWriting relevant and unbiased reviewsWe want you to feel confident that the reviews you read on Airbnb are accurate and free of external influences. Reviews are only helpful whe…
- GuestResponding to reviewsYou can post a public response to reviews that others leave for you, but you can't remove them. Reviews are only removed if they violate our…