Thatched roof contemporary villa by the beach
14 guests · 5 bedrooms · 5.5 bathrooms
Incredible design meets gorgeous natural surroundings, including beach views, at Sunset House. Set in the beach town of Tamarindo, this stunning Costa Rica luxury home was designed by renowned San Diego architect Steve Adams, custom built by Flor de Pacifico/Jeff Hutton and decorated by Mu Design to blend traditional tropical style with contemporary chic. Five bedrooms and indoor-outdoor living spaces make this vacation house rental both practical and unforgettable for the whole family.
During your stay, you’ll be looked after by a housekeeper, caretaker and property manager, so you’ll only have to worry about whether to stay at the villa or walk to the beach. The expansive terrace off the main living area has sun loungers with views of the beach and estuary; head down the steps to another terrace with a pool. While away the afternoon in the hammock or the massage table, then cook dinner on the barbecue and watch the Guanacaste sunset as you eat. Thanks to all-natural insecticide throughout the outdoor spaces, you’ll be able to stay out comfortably.
The heart of Sunset House is an open-fronted, thatched-roof pavilion where the warm Pacific breezes wash over a generous built-in sectional, live-edge dining table that can seat ten, and a fully equipped kitchen with a filtered water system and a counter that opens to a bar on the terrace. Accents like woven dining chairs, mid-century-inspired lounge seats and squared-off sconces add modern edge to the natural look.
Each of the five bedrooms at Sunset House has an en-suite bathroom. There are two master suites with king beds and ocean views, and two additional bedrooms with king beds, one of which has ocean views and an al-fresco shower and the other of which has a private terrace. The fifth bedroom, meant for kids, has two bunk beds and two roll-out beds in case extra accommodations are needed.
From the villa, it’s a quick 5-minute walk down to the sweep of Tamarindo Beach and a 10-minute walk to downtown Tamarindo, where you’ll find restaurants and shops. The closest airport to Sunset House is Tamarindo Airport, a 4-mile drive away.
Copyright © 2016 Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Alfresco Shower, Dual vanity, Couch, Desk, Safe, Air conditioning, Terrace, View of the ocean
- Bedroom 2 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Dual vanity, Television, Desk, Safe, Air conditioning, Terrace, View of the ocean
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Dual vanity, Safe, Air conditioning, Terrace
- Bedroom 4- Kid's Bunk Room: 2 Bunk beds, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Desk, Safe, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 5 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Dual vanity, Desk, Safe, Air conditioning, Terrace, View of the ocean
- Kid's Bunk Room: 2 Single size trundle beds
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with alfresco breakfast bar
- Naturally filtered still and sparkling water system
- Sonos sound system
- Apple TV
- Air conditioned bedrooms
- Iron/Ironing board
- Infinity pool - unheated
- Sun loungers
- Alfresco dining with seating for 10
- Outdoor furniture
- Massage table
- View of the ocean
- All natural botanical insecticide throughout outdoor space
- Security camera - outward facing
STAFF & SERVICES
- Caretaker (Monday - Saturday from 6:00AM to 5:00PM)
- Property manager
- Laundry service
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest
- 10 minute walk to Town of Tamarindo with Restaurants and Shops
- 5 minute walk to Tamarindo Beach
- 6.7 km to Tamarindo Airport (TNO)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
Sunset House highlights
The brainchild of renowned architect Steve Adams, modern lines mix with tropical details like thatch roofs and native landscaping.
Interiors by Mü Design
Every element of the home has been carefully considered by the respected design firm, including bespoke furniture and minimalist decor.
A freeform infinity pool
With panoramic views of the coast and a pair of sun loungers nearby, the swimming pool serves as the villa’s outdoor centerpiece.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Water Filtration System
+ 6 more
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Tamarindo Airport (TNO)
4 min drive
7 min walk
Points of Interest
6 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.